Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2022, 02:28 PM   #1

Winterizeing

I have a 2021 Jayco 321 rsts first time winterizing with a fridge that has cold water faucet and ice cube maker. Usually I just blow out the water line with compressed air and put antifreeze in traps. Also has washer and dryer hook up. Could use some information on added steps. Thanks in advance.
Docdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:45 PM   #2

I don’t use the ice maker in my trailer. When I first got the trailer I was told by one of the service guy that they leave the antifreeze hooked up under pressure and run the ice maker til the antifreeze comes out. Might take a few hours
MQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdor View Post
I have a 2021 Jayco 321 rsts first time winterizing with a fridge that has cold water faucet and ice cube maker. Usually I just blow out the water line with compressed air and put antifreeze in traps. Also has washer and dryer hook up. Could use some information on added steps. Thanks in advance.
We have a 2021 37 MDQS, and I have only winterized it once. Getting the water out of the drinking water line is easy, you just put a glass under there, with the unit under pressure, until no more water comes out.

The ice maker in our Pinnacle cannot be manually cycled that I know of, so you have to do the suggestion of leaving it on there for a couple of hours. Others take the line of the valve in the back, and let the water drain out of that tube.

There was a tip on there, that was a good point. You shouldn't really have to worry about any water that may actually be in the ice maker portion. It's freezing in there all the time, so everything in there should be able to withstand being frozen.

As for the washer hookup, I take a short piece of hose, like 3', hook it onto the washer valve, put the hose in the drain, and then open the valve. I'm assuming that you do not have an actual washer from your post, but if you did, others have talked about running it thru a spin cycle to get all of the residual water out.

Hope that helps...
Old 10-12-2022, 09:48 AM   #4

We have a Pinnacle 37RLWS with a residential fridge. The first year I didn't get all the water out of the ice maker lines and had a leak when I charged it the following spring. The next fall I connected compressed air to our camper and blew all the lines out. Then ran the water in the fridge until air came out. Then, left the ice maker on for a day with compressed air connected. That worked great. Hope this helps.
2022 F350 Lariat Premium Stone grey CCLB SRW 7.3 4:30*
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
mkrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:31 PM   #5

We have a 38FLSA with the Samsung residential refrigerator. It has always been a battle winterizing the trailer. I bought a food grade 5 gallon bucket, drilled a hole for a 1/2 in. bulkhead fitting and connected a water hose to the fitting. I hung the bucket off of an extension ladder and filled it with antifreeze. just let it sit until I get mushy pink ice out of the icemaker.
Chuckles57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:48 PM   #6

We have a 22 North Point with a Whirlpool residential refrigerator. When I winterize the frige I just pour a gallon in the fresh water drinking jug. Turn on the fresh water drinking pump and fill a glass with the pink stuff at the sink and refrigerator. Then push the first two buttons on the frige on the left side together at the same time and that will put the frige into trouble shooting mode. Use the up arrow to go to # 85 to fill the ice tray and then down to *84 to dump the ice tray. Do that a couple of times until the pink stuff comes out and your good to go. Use whats left in the fresh water jug to finish winterizing the rest of the trailer. Hope that helps.

crich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:05 AM   #7

Can't do that with Samsung. Samsung and Jayco no help with procedure for winterizing.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles57 View Post
Can't do that with Samsung. Samsung and Jayco no help with procedure for winterizing.
Did you try to connect compressed air and leave your ice maker on?
2022 F350 Lariat Premium Stone grey CCLB SRW 7.3 4:30*
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
mkrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 05:24 PM   #9

No, that sounds like something worth trying. Samsung and Jayco are no help when doing the winterizing.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich View Post
We have a 22 North Point with a Whirlpool residential refrigerator. When I winterize the frige I just pour a gallon in the fresh water drinking jug. Turn on the fresh water drinking pump and fill a glass with the pink stuff at the sink and refrigerator. Then push the first two buttons on the frige on the left side together at the same time and that will put the frige into trouble shooting mode. Use the up arrow to go to # 85 to fill the ice tray and then down to *84 to dump the ice tray. Do that a couple of times until the pink stuff comes out and your good to go. Use whats left in the fresh water jug to finish winterizing the rest of the trailer. Hope that helps.
We have Whirlpool residential fridge in our 2021RLOK and I had to cycle thru the ice making cycle several times to get the pink cubes when winterizing last year. That was a PIA since the camper was in a storage yard and I had to run a generator for several hours to run the fridge. I even called Whirlpool to see if there was any way to short cycle the ice machine to speed up the process and they told me there was no way to to that. I can’t wait to try the trouble-shooting mode to see if that works on our unit. Thanks
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:27 PM   #11

One thing to remember if your going to run antifreeze through refrigerator and the ice maker is to remove the water filter. I had forgotten to do that once and it took forever to get the pink stuff in a glass. The refrigerator will funtion just fine without it.

crich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich View Post
WOW!!!

This was the best advice that I have received in a long LONG TIME! Thank you for this post! I have never seen this information posted anywhere, and this was something that I was dreading doing. I knew that it was going to take several hours to just let it sit there and run, but not now!! [IMG][/IMG]THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

However, I did find that this did NOT work for the model of fridge that we have in our 2021 37MDQS BUT, that allowed me to search on the internet for our model, and I was able to figure out how to make all of it work!!

For the model that we have: WRS571CIHZ02 (picture of the panel included), I found that the numbers were 44 and 45. But, when you go to 45 for the fill, you have to also initiate another "CHANGE SETTING KEY", which actually starts the water flowing. I did this a couple of times, and I was done winterizing our unit!! I use air, and antifreeze, but this method will work for both!

I also attached the sheet that I pulled from the internet that goes over what the codes do, and how to use them...

Link to PDF file for codes and instructions...
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20221026_015554440.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WRS571CIDM01_Tech_Sheet_Diagnostics.pdf (642.1 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-30-2022, 10:07 AM   #13

I have a Pinnacle and I take a 5 gallon bucket of RV antifreeze and put the siphon hose at the control center in the bucket then run all the appliances and faucets until the RV antifreeze comes out. Takes about 1 hour.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pope View Post
I have a Pinnacle and I take a 5 gallon bucket of RV antifreeze and put the siphon hose at the control center in the bucket then run all the appliances and faucets until the RV antifreeze comes out. Takes about 1 hour.
I tried doing winterizing using that method but it would take at least 40hours to get anti-freeze out of the icemaker.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:53 AM   #15

Quote:
I tried doing winterizing using that method but it would take at least 40hours to get anti-freeze out of the icemaker.
I'm not for sure which resi fridge you have, but have you seen the posts above about how to enter diagnostic mode for at least the Whirpool models?

When you're in this mode, you can cycle the ice maker very quickly...
Old 10-31-2022, 04:27 PM   #16

We have a Samsung. It has an icemaker but no water in the door.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:13 PM   #17

Is it a French door model?

I think that's what we had in our Montana, and it actually had a button on the ice maker that you pushed, and it would cycle the ice maker. Did it about 4 times, and it was completely blown out...
Old 11-01-2022, 05:06 AM   #18

I have tried doing that and it didn't seem to cycle.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:26 AM   #19

Quote:
I have tried doing that and it didn't seem to cycle.
Humm... I wish that I had one here that I could test on, but as a I recall, you have to hold the button for a couple of seconds before the cycle starts. Once it starts (you'll here the motor running), you can let go.

What model number of fridge do you have? It should be inside on a sticker somewhere. That might help us figure out if there's a way to do it...
Old 11-01-2022, 04:59 PM   #20

I talked to Samsung about winterizing and was told that doesn't work.