Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
There is remote it is a small black remote with only 4 buttons. You press the one you want to cycle through and it moves the switch to various settings. It probably was lost or thrown away as there is no information on it saying what it is. If I can find mine I will send a photo.
Here’s a picture of the remote

Click image for larger version

Name:	E49D3F55-81F6-4D23-8A2E-E2F358CE8886.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	74780
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #22

Hello - I had the same problem with my 2021 37L. Couldn't get anything to work so I had the dealer check it out. Below is what the write-up found:

"Inspected coaxial cable at the exterior hook up and found bad connection and replace coax end. Perform channel scan and still had zero channels. Removed booster, found three black wires cut in the corner of the cabinet. Used coaxial tester and found what cable was for the outdoor hook up. Installed cable connector and coaxial cable, made extension cable connected to the booster. Reinstalled access panel and tested TVs."

Turns out the cables were cut during assembly and they had to fix them. I just hope they also fixed the other two cables they found, but considering the dealer, they probably only fixed the complaint I had. Hope this helps.
dopplemeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOliver View Post
Can't seem to get either TV working. Have tried with campground cable and can't get it. Have tried with regular antenna and still nothing. Booster is off when hooked to campground cable. I have tried 2 different coax cables and checked all the connections I can see?? What am I missing?? Thx
Our switches to change from cable to antenna are in the cabinet under the tv, our tv’s didn’t work either after looking at how Jayco hooked it up, it never would have worked. Guess some guy assembled it in a rush to go home on a Friday, hehe, the tv connectors we’re hooked up to the “out” signal instead of the in, the coax connector in the wall plug wasn’t hooked up to the coax cable in the wall. I spent four hours redoing their mess that was after our dealer couldn’t figure it out. Guess either the guys there were joining the Manufactures guys for dinner. Hehehe. At any rate check if they bothered hooking anything up. As I’ve said in previous posts, our back tv wasn’t able to get anything, we had to run cables and electricity to the back tv because neither Jayco or our dealer could figure out how to make it run on the cable or our dish or off of the inverter Whoever decided on the configuration at Jayco needs to go back to the drawing board. Just a idea. We put in a switch box Velcro’s to the wall in the cabinet behind the main tv so we can just push a button to change from cable, antenna, dish, air, dvd, etc. was 19.99 at Best Buy, buy the manual one, not the electrified one so it doesn’t have any draw on the batteries. Works great, more options than Jayco ever thought of. Good luck. Oh, we tried a direct hookup, that’s how we came to the conclusion no cable to plug, then we found out why. Good luck
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #24

This may be redundant so please excuse if so. To turn the booster off, you do press the little button by the cable input causing the light (green) to go off, correct?
dwoody49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:15 PM   #25

yes, for over the air antenna you use the booster, for normal cable from the rv park the booster is off.

The picture of the remote is showing a much better remote than the one I had, mine only had the four buttons and the power button and it took me a long time to figure out what the darn thing was for.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #26

Are you using TV MENU to select INPUT? (E.G. ANTENNAE, CABLE, HDMI/ AV?)
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOliver View Post
We have a Seneca Super C . I have done all of the above suggested procedures to no avail. Should I try running the cable through the window and plug directly into the tv?? It just seems strange that none of the 3 TVs work??
Yes, take cable directly from Campground connector and directly to a TV. If you can tune it then it is a cable run issue in camper... I had bad static/ fuzzy picture on tvs. Had to run a new line from outside to booster switch.
Dannie0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #28

Besides doing auto channel search for both over the air or cable, are you trying to hook up to modulated DIRECTV service by any chance? There are some TVs that cannot modulate DIRECTV. I found this out on my first RV. It had the El- cheap-O TVs in it.

Also speaking signal loss, you can lose between five and nine Db, depending on the device the coax cable is split into. Also any open end on splitters also will leak some signal frequency. If you find any, cap them off.

Most of the Jayco‘s, including mine, that I know of use insignia TVs, which I have found can in fact modulate DIRECTV.

Just a thought?
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #29

On My rig, a 1999-2000, I found the cable ends at the CB of the switched amp, were NOT crimped and 2 of the 4 had pulled out of their connectors. After also finding 12v outlet in same AMP was defective, I removed and replaced w/ new USB outletx4 w/ 12vdc outlet, and NO amp, so cables NOT connected LOL :-)
Old 08-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #30

Best way is to trace lthe cable with a signal tracer some are cheap with alligator clips and are a receiver and a transmitter others are more expensive but easier to use the setup I purchased for tracing the coax in my Motorhome allows me to put a transmitter on each of the exterior inputs and I connect a receiver on each f the internal coax; connections at the front tv to map out the cables and I’ll take a label maker and make labels for the fron and I exterior connections then from there I’ll put the transmitters on any unlabeled connections then go to the bedroom and do the receiver opn the connections and then see which transmitter is on which connections then ideally I should have one unlabeled connect in the front and that should be the antenna. Now to see if it works. But this kits wasn’t cheap plus I have a sat dish o. Top but since it is working I can label it. I want a switch box for RV that supports two or more TVs and aybout 4 or 5 inputs with a power boasters that has two Rf remotes so the bedroom can change the input without going into the front room.
Blackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #31

SIGNAL TRACER NOT REQUIRED WHEN YOU JUST HAVE FEW PAIR LIKE FOUR cables, JUST ALLIGATOR CLIP JUMPER Center to braided cover and find the shorted cable w/ Ohmmeter; then verify short removed when jumper removed and label, then move to Next cable. Kinda diff than 300-pair phone cables, LOL :-)
Old 08-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #32

When my front TV stopped getting reception, I brought an antenna we use at home for the guest room TV and hooked it to the front TV. It worked. Then I moved it up and down the cable system until I located the fault. Turns out the coax had pulled out of a connector under the dining table slide. I just ran a new cable from the TV to where the break had occurred with lots of slack to preclude this happening again.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:27 AM   #33

I have to work with ours at home before heading out because this stuff gives me a rash. I hot spot with our cell phone but still I always seem to mess it up. Good luck. This techno stuff just makes me crazy. At least my tablet works with our streaming service.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:43 AM   #34

I count myself as lucky so far. The 3 TV's work as intended, at least over the air. They all search and find channels. We carry a fire-stick that works well, at least the one time we used it. The main 50' TV would not communicate with the JBL stereo. Dealer came over to the campground and replaced the JBL head unit from another Pinnacle, didn't work. Left and came back later with a new HDMI cable, didn't work. Next day before leaving the park, he called and had us stop by the dealership, and cannibalized a similar unit from another Pinnacle, and bingo, that fixed it. We have not tried cable or satellite yet, but if we push the booster switch off, we lose signal, so it seems to be working as well. The sad part of all of this is that we seem to have a great dealer, but he is over 300 miles away!!
Old 08-19-2021, 10:58 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I count myself as lucky so far. The 3 TV's work as intended, at least over the air. They all search and find channels. We carry a fire-stick that works well, at least the one time we used it. The main 50' TV would not communicate with the JBL stereo. Dealer came over to the campground and replaced the JBL head unit from another Pinnacle, didn't work. Left and came back later with a new HDMI cable, didn't work. Next day before leaving the park, he called and had us stop by the dealership, and cannibalized a similar unit from another Pinnacle, and bingo, that fixed it. We have not tried cable or satellite yet, but if we push the booster switch off, we lose signal, so it seems to be working as well. The sad part of all of this is that we seem to have a great dealer, but he is over 300 miles away!!
WOW! Now that’s customer service!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote