Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #21

Noise

Its about 1/4 inch foam weather stripping . Photos attached.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #22

I adjusted the doors myself on ours and it made a big difference. If you wanna check it first, close a dollar bill in the seal and try and move it. On ours in the upper front corners on both sides you could actually insert a dollar bill in there with the door closed!

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #23

We have a 2014 Greyhawk which had terrible noise while driving. A combination of engine noise and overall rattling. I lined the doghouse with Dynamat, the 1/2 inch foam version made for high temperature applications, not the tar backed type. I also lined the cab doors with the Dynamat tar backed type, both on the outer door side and just behind the door panels. This helped a lot, cutting down on engine noise and road noise.

The biggest change came after I replaced all the tires. Immediate change in interior noise level. Dramatically so. Cabinets no longer rattled or squeaked.

Several tires were cupped and slightly out of round which gave a bad ride. New tires solved this.

Jump

Jerry Mary and Daisy the Beagle
2022 Alante 29S
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #24

You might check with your local car audio store. They have usually have products that dampen the vibration/sounds like a foam tape they apply to trunks. You might be able to use that in your rig and knock it down a few decibels. Good Luck
Old 12-06-2018, 03:40 AM   #25

While the noise level in our TS never really bothered us I spent a some time last winter insulating and applying sound deadening materials to the floors, doors and space behind the seats. This was done more to reduce heat transfer then for sound but had the added benefit of sound reduction.

The new 2018.5 units have sound deadening material under the floor boards, unfortunately I could not figure out how to apply it there so I pulled up the carpet and applied a thick layer of rubber mat. This has significantly reduced the heat level and sound transfer from the floor boards plus the carpeting is much softer now

I also removed the panels behind the seats and installed insulation. When I pulled the panels you could see a gap between the cap and the side wall
I applied sealant to this area and this eliminated most of the air flow.

As others have said, start with the mirror holes and then decide if the sound is mechanical or air movement and start to attack it once you determine what is causing the noise.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #26

Mine has a lever to control the cab noise.
Not exactly sure what the letters mean, but "1" is pretty quiet, "2" gets a little louder but you can still carry on a conversation, "D" is pretty loud, and moving the lever to "R" is "opening the gates of hell" loud, especially at highway speed.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:39 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
Its about 1/4 inch foam weather stripping . Photos attached.
Where are the pics?
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote