Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2021, 08:56 PM   #1

Just ordered Seneca 37M - MPG, tow bar Question

New to Super C, but not to motorhomes and trailers. Bought our first trailer 30 years ago and have had 8 or 9 different rigs since then.

We just put a deposit on a 37M. Any idea on MPG from owners of these 39' rigs?

Anyone have the tow hitch from ground measurement? Looking to tow a lifted Wrangler and will need to get a riser bar to keep the tow bar level.

How does the 190 solar hold up, do I need to put more panels up there to offset the residential refrigerator? We generally only dry camp for 3-4 nights at a time and could easily kick on the generator, I just hate to run it all day and night. Most of the time we will be at full hookups.

Has anyone swapped out the batteries for Lithium?

Super excited about the purchase. We got the washer/dryer combo, the newer models of those seem marginally better. We do not plan on using it much, but it seems like it is a good idea to get it put in at the factory vs buying one later. Also got the satellite and in bay 12v refrigerator.
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:16 PM   #2

Congratulations. I have seen mileage range from 8-10.5 on ours but in the end, the ECU doesn’t lie and the Bluefire monitor shows my lifetime average at 8.1, but the generator usage can obviously throw that off a little.

The hitch height on our 2018.5 is right at 21” to the center of the hitch receiver tube.

For the solar, I really can’t say as we do t have a residential fridge but I started with 400 watts of solar and now have 600 and at most we run the generator about an hour on days that don’t produce good solar power, you shouldn’t have to run it for hours and hours.

Ours came with four 12 volt deep cycles batteries. I have upgraded to Lifeline for now but am watching the cost of Lithium as it is slowly dropping. I have actually built my own 280ah battery for my stacker and am very happy with it and the cost and probably will build my own 280ah batteries for the coach.

We added a washer/dryer combo on ours and we actually use it quite a bit, we offroad a lot and it’s nice to come back and wash the dirty cloths immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
6CF98BD2-73D1-4960-8F33-E335E8AFA75E.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #3

Fuel Log for 2021 to date

Attached is my 2020 Accolade 37TS fuel log for 1/1/21 to date. 6/12/21 through 8/13/21 were for our long trip from South Carolina to Cody, Wyoming and return which included a lot of hill climbing.

Fuel cost on the report represents pump price and not actual price paid using the TSD Logistics Fuel program.

Fuel Log.pdf
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #4

Thanks! I wish they still made the color combo with the Red on it like yours. My Jeep Rubicon is silver with red accents...
Old 09-08-2021, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
Thanks! I wish they still made the color combo with the Red on it like yours. My Jeep Rubicon is silver with red accents...
Yep almost a perfect match.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6B26BF20-D2CF-4032-9119-E1BE0BA51AFB.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	75374
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #6

Congrats. Just a heads up.. I ordered a 37L on 5 July (NIRVC Atlanta) and they told me a week ago it's looking like it'll roll out of the factory on 24 September and I might have it around 1 October. This is about 2 months earlier than we were told when we ordered, not that we're complaining.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #7

As for the fridge/solar question, I have 300 watts of solar on the roof that can just barely keep up with the draw of the residential fridge in my 37L on a full sun day. The solar will drive it during the day, but it can't keep up enough to run it AND recharge it the next morning to cover the overnight battery drain from the fridge.

I left the fridge running and monitored it 3 times each day with it locked up and nothing else running (except phantom draws). At the end of day 2 it was down to 12.1v, so I turned it off at nighttime.
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM22 View Post
As for the fridge/solar question, I have 300 watts of solar on the roof that can just barely keep up with the draw of the residential fridge in my 37L on a full sun day. The solar will drive it during the day, but it can't keep up enough to run it AND recharge it the next morning to cover the overnight battery drain from the fridge.

I left the fridge running and monitored it 3 times each day with it locked up and nothing else running (except phantom draws). At the end of day 2 it was down to 12.1v, so I turned it off at nighttime.
How long do you need to run the generator to recharge the batteries?

Tags
mpg 37, seneca, solar, tow

« Bull bar | Fan »