Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2023, 05:14 AM   #1

More issues with this junk

I am stuck in South Ga in a parking lot. Coming back from Fla pulling a race trailer and the check engine light and the engine light both comes on. Rv runs 70 then drops down to 45, take your foot off the accel pedal and press again and will gradually climb back up to 65-70. A few miles later back down to 45. No codes showing.

RV has 6600 miles on it. Owned for 6 months.
So far has had:
Mechanical:::
Coolant leaks fixed
Trans Leak fixed
New ABS unit installed.
Engine Surge Fixed
Water manifolds at the Wet Bay Replaced Due to Leaking
Water Heater lines leaking

Others issues,
Hitch was loose.
Outdoor Radio did not work
Drivers rear Fender screws were sheared off after the trip home from dealer.
Front Bulk Head Wall very Loose and the front corners and cabinets will have to come out.
Cargo Latch Catches loose and fell off.
Mud Flap fell off

I have had absolutely no help from MANY calls from Jayco. They wouldn't even send me the remote for the fireplace they forgot to include. They wanted me to purchase it.
The dealer is useless as well.
Peach State Freightliner hits me for a service call every time I go in there and FCCC will not pay.

Right now I have put over $6K in repairs on a 6 month old unit.

Anyone know if there are lemon laws on RV's?
Sitting here waiting on Freightliner to open to see if I can nurse it home.

EDIT> Just seen GA has lemon laws on some RV's. Tired of the lack of customer service from FCCC and Jayco. Wish I wouldn't have traded my 06 Kodiak Chassis in on this.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:00 AM   #2

Question ? do you have the running issues when not pulling your Car hauler ?
What does this Hauler weigh when loaded ? And do you have a trans Temp Gauge ?
You say Check engine light on and no codes .
There must be some Hard Faults In the PCM
most of the issues sound like and chassis which would be Freightliner
Hope you get this fixed and enjoy your travels trouble free !
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:47 AM   #3

Based on your symptoms I would suspect a turbo / boost issue of some sort. Possibly an actuator? Has anyone explored that possibility? There should be some codes though...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:49 AM   #4

Sorry to hear about the many issues with your Seneca. Hope you get all these things resolved to your satisfaction.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego View Post
Question ? do you have the running issues when not pulling your Car hauler ?
What does this Hauler weigh when loaded ? And do you have a trans Temp Gauge ?
You say Check engine light on and no codes .
There must be some Hard Faults In the PCM
most of the issues sound like and chassis which would be Freightliner
Hope you get this fixed and enjoy your travels trouble free !
Trailer is 8800lbs, GCWR is 34500 way under the 41k.Freightliner has it in the bay. So far mostly high side fuel rail related issues, DEF issues.
aqharoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:25 PM   #6

So I have been at Freightliner in Macon Ga all day. The service tech has been great and has had a hard time finding the issues. Replaced the high-pressure Side Sensor, still issues, updated software that should have already been done by Peach State Freightliner that wasn't. Finally found an issue with a few connectors that have pins broken in them causing intermittent issues. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Problem is I am locked in here until the parts come tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:04 PM   #7

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have not had any mechanical issues (knock on wood), but out of the 14 months we have owned it since purchasing brand new, it has been in the shop for 12 months of that time.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:17 PM   #8
CAG

Sound a bit like it is going into limp mode for some reason. Just a guess but they will do that if something makes the computer think it is going to damage tranny or engine.

Do a Google search on RV Lemon law for your state. States have different coverage.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems. I have not had any mechanical issues (knock on wood), but out of the 14 months we have owned it since purchasing brand new, it has been in the shop for 12 months of that time.
Just curious what it has been in the shop for, for that long?
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:37 PM   #10

First time 3 months, then 1 month and then another 2 months and finally we just picked it up from the dealer after it sat there since October. Latest work was on the front cap separation. Everything that could be wrong with a rig was wrong with our unit.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:18 PM   #11

Well finally got the repairs finished at Middle GA Freightliner. Guys worked hard to get me out the door. Fuel leak, High Pressure Rail Sensor, and a broken wire where the harness went through a bracket. Hopefully this thing can make a full trip without something breaking. So far I am 6 for 6 on issues/trips. Would be nice to make a trip with no issues.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:44 AM   #12

Has anyone had issues with the bay doors randomly opening while driving, water leaking into the bays when driving in the rain, pocket doors not locking, and large kitchen drawers opening while driving even with very little weight in them? If so how did you get that resolved?
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:39 AM   #13

We had a couple of the galley drawers coming open while driving. I went to a hardware and bought some of those catches for cabinet doors that have the 2 rollers and the wedge-shaped piece that fits between. I installed one at the top center of the offending drawers. Works good, cost $4.
May or may not replace the drawer slides while at home this summer.
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 06:48 PM   #14

Thanks, I am trying to get Jayco to take care of all my issues before my 24 month warranty expires. I think we finally have upper managements attention so hopefully we are almost done and can enjoy our camping experiences.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
Old 04-11-2023, 06:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Has anyone had issues with the bay doors randomly opening while driving, water leaking into the bays when driving in the rain, pocket doors not locking, and large kitchen drawers opening while driving even with very little weight in them? If so how did you get that resolved?
Compartment doors opening while driving is usually taken care of with a latch adjustment. Water in the bays, if it’s wet along the bottom, is usually from the seal between the metal frame and the plywood. They use spray foam to seal and once that seal cracks, water comes in the seam. I used ProFlex RV black sealant and cleaned and sealed every seam between the metal frame and plywood on ll vertical and horizon seams. For the drawers, the best latch is the Southco grabber latch, use genuine Southco as the Chinese knockoffs break easily.

Southco C3-805 Series Passivated Plastic Grabber Catch Side Mount Concealed Push-To-Close Latch with Silver Spring, 22N Pullup, Black https://a.co/d/dHq5Rcm
Attached Thumbnails
A99C21DF-3F07-4D58-B6BE-8DBBA0FF22AC.jpg   BD0F7B87-1C26-4A7E-81F3-771DF0725C86.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
I had a bay door open 2 years ago on the way to Key West. Had a trucker blow his horn at me. Scared the crap out of me. Installed these loops of weedeater line and carabiner hooks. No problem since. Funny thing is, haven’t had one come loose since!
Attached Thumbnails
BB01F6B2-C3F3-4F9F-AAF1-E2E83D437C7C.jpg   1F7BF287-AB56-4DE6-B6C2-D682A27CD808.jpg  
Old 04-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #17

Thanks for the idea!
Old 04-12-2023, 02:12 PM   #18

A few of my inside drawers were flying open during travels. Jayco said they fixed them and of course no change on first drive out of the shop. Jayco should spend a few more dollars and place soft close drawer glides on them and that would immediately resolve the problem. I took the drawers out to measure for new glides that I was going to install on my own. However, upon doing so, I found that many of the drawers where installed crooked or tilted and that just adjusting the glides made them close and latch much better. There are two screws on each drawer and several holes, if the screws do not allow for better adjustment, just take them out and use the other holes to redrill new mounting points. Do not use a power drill, nearly all I encountered were stripped because they over tightened them. Tedious work, but fixed the problem and saved me a ton on the new glides.
Old 04-12-2023, 03:14 PM   #19

Thanks it is so ridiculous you pay $200k for a house on wheels and have to deal with these issues. If these factory workers would treat these builds like it was for their own family's maybe things would be better.
Old 04-12-2023, 10:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
A few of my inside drawers were flying open during travels. Jayco said they fixed them and of course no change on first drive out of the shop. Jayco should spend a few more dollars and place soft close drawer glides on them and that would immediately resolve the problem. I took the drawers out to measure for new glides that I was going to install on my own. However, upon doing so, I found that many of the drawers where installed crooked or tilted and that just adjusting the glides made them close and latch much better. There are two screws on each drawer and several holes, if the screws do not allow for better adjustment, just take them out and use the other holes to redrill new mounting points. Do not use a power drill, nearly all I encountered were stripped because they over tightened them. Tedious work, but fixed the problem and saved me a ton on the new glides.
Good to know Jason, although I've not had any of mine opening while travelling, they seem to have resistance closing, so I'll take a look at the slide allignments.
Barxy is offline   Reply With Quote