Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #1

sterring stabilzer for 2019 S2RV

Have been trying to find a sterring stabilizer (safe-T-plus, roadmaster, blue oz) for our 2019 seneca 37k. Called those manufacturer's but they do not have mounting kit for these model yet. Has anyone tryed or got a stabilizer for this model yet?
kids510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #2

I put a Safe-T-plus one on and the mounting kit they said would work doesnt quite right. In conversations with them they said they will now only install the units at the factory because of modifications. After going back and forth with them, it really only is a matter of shimming the bracket that goes on the u-bolts down and they said to just use washers to do this. Well, I didnt like the lack of surface contact that spacing down with washers had so I cut a 1/4" spacer plate that fully supports the bracket and it works fine using the bracket as a template. The cylinder itself is the 41-230 Blue and the mounting kit I used was the Model: V-917K3 but this came with 1 3/4" ubolts for the tie rod and you need 2" to fit which I believe the last 2 numbers in the part number distinguish that.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

Thank you that really helped with my wondering about stabilzer. Did it make a difference in sterring sway?
Old 08-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids510 View Post
Thank you that really helped with my wondering about stabilzer. Did it make a difference in sterring sway?

Depending on the roads you frequent, its a catch 22. If you set it up for the crown on most highways/freeways then it is great and tracks straight but I feel you fight it a little on straight roads with little of no crown and and vice versa. Overall I'm happy with it and my main reason for getting it was for the blowout safety factor. I never felt that the S2RV chassis wandered bad at all before installing it, have you had an alignment done on it first? The manual suggests loading the coach up like you are traveling and then have an alignment done.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #5

Have not had alignment done yet but will be done before installing stablizer. thank you for your help!