Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-29-2015, 12:27 AM   #1

1st time RV purchase question

Hi all! We are purchasing a 2016 Jay Flight 32BHDS in the next 2 months. We are moving from TX to TN and plan on living in it full time for at least a year and travel full time in the summers. My question: Have any of you purchased from rvdirect before? The prices are unbeatable, from what I have found, even with the drive to pick it up! But, as a newbie, I wanted to hear from others about purchasing there. Also, how do you like the 32 BHDS?

Thanks!

Sidrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:42 AM   #2

I don't have experience buying from RV direct but I would be concerned about warranty issues. Where do you go if you have a problem?? If you go this route prepare yourself to do a thorough Pre-delivery inspection and make sure you go over everything before you leave.

jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #3

Costco has an RV purchase program. Their pricing could be a good place to start for a new RV.

It's a good time of year to purchase. Also, you might talk to Crestview RV in Buda (South of Austin) I believe they are the highest volume Jayco dealer in the state.

<><
Rivercityjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #4

I obtained quotes from RV Direct and The RV Express, and I took to my local dealer. They got very close to matching the price, so I went with them. You could try the same. I'm not sure buying local or through a wholesaler will make much of a difference as far as warranty work goes, since you are moving out of state after the purchase.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #5

I saved $3000 just in freight from RV Connection. We were heading to ILLinois anyway. They have a large facility in Middlebury, In. Price was much better than we could get here in Phoenix.

Way I look at it, for $3000 I can do a lot of warranty work. But I've no issues in the almost year we have had the TT.

Know that these are not designed for full time living. Mattress and Furniture were first to show the usage. We lived in our about 5 months after we picked it up. I would plan on replacing your mattress within the first month or so...

Good Luck.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfowler View Post
I don't have experience buying from RV direct but I would be concerned about warranty issues. Where do you go if you have a problem?? If you go this route prepare yourself to do a thorough Pre-delivery inspection and make sure you go over everything before you leave.
We purchased our 2013 EAGLE 284BHS from RV Express. Not a single dealer in 3 states could come close to their price. We ordered it and went to Indiana to pick it up ($1500 savings just for shipping) and dropped off our TrailManor at a buyers house in KY.

As far as Warranty, we have been to 3 different JAYCO service centers and never had an issue. They all treated us like we purchased our TT from them.

When buying a TT/RV from one of the on line sales sites, remember that your purchase has to meet that states TT/RV requirements. Sway packages and engine options.

Would we do it again? ABSOLUTELY!! We are currently looking at a smaller TT from them as we are going seasonal with the EAGLE.

The Pre-Delivery inspection was great, went over everything (stove burners, ac, tested water pump, lights, central heat...., set the TT up with the TV and made sure it was all level for towing.

Don
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

If price is a concern, I would think you would consider buying used. A gently used unit 2 to 3 years out, from a private party, is likely to provide the best buy. As to the warranty, it is irrelevant if you take the time to upskill and do the work yourself...usually finish the work much more quickly that way. If you keep the unit, the depreciation becomes irrelevant as well.

Of course, the real problem is often funding. Buying used often means saving up the cash, and buying new usually means the bank funds the unit.

On the other hand, this is an entertainment cost, so...
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
When you buy a used unit from a couple years old; warranty work is done and some have their unit upgraded with extra's. Which is a bonus. No matter if you buy used or new there's always some maintenance involved.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #9

I bought from a dealer out of my area and drove hours to pick it up. My local dealer had no issue doing the warranty work.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
We purchased our 2013 EAGLE 284BHS from RV Express. Not a single dealer in 3 states could come close to their price. We ordered it and went to Indiana to pick it up ($1500 savings just for shipping) and dropped off our TrailManor at a buyers house in KY.

As far as Warranty, we have been to 3 different JAYCO service centers and never had an issue. They all treated us like we purchased our TT from them.

Don
Ditto, same experience. Saved like $5000 and have had zero dealer issues. Nearest dealer was very helpful in getting final warrantee items pre approved by Jayco so they could minimize the time they had my W Hawk. Was even a dealer that I got a quote from before I went online.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote