Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #1

Goodyear vs Towstar Tires -what's your opinion?

I'm looking to replace the factory, Goodyear Marathons on my Jayflight 25BHS, and the two different ST225/75R15 tires that my local tire shops have in stock are Goodyear Endurance and Towstar.

Does anyone have any experience with these (good, bad, or ugly)? The quotes I am getting for these tires, installed, are nearly identical. I just want the best tire. Does anyone have any other opinions on "better" trailer tires? Thanks.
bcarter395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #2

6000 miles + on Goodyear Endurance without problems.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #3

Lots of online ink rating and comparing trailer tires. GY Endurance get generally good reviews as do Maxxis M8008 and Carlisles. Selecting the right tire can be daunting - good luck. (I just installed the Maxxis M8008's)
Old 04-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #4

The Maxxis are a good tire and I had them on the last travel trailer. However, the current one has Goodyear Endurance, made in USA by a reputible company and a speed rating of 87 miles per hour as opposed to 65 MPH for all other ST (Special Trailer) tires made.

Not that I travel that fast, but I figure it must be constructed a bit better to have that speed rating.

My opinion and worth what you paid for it!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicDude View Post
6000 miles + on Goodyear Endurance without problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrnigan View Post
Lots of online ink rating and comparing trailer tires. GY Endurance get generally good reviews as do Maxxis M8008 and Carlisles. Selecting the right tire can be daunting - good luck. (I just installed the Maxxis M8008's)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
The Maxxis are a good tire and I had them on the last travel trailer. However, the current one has Goodyear Endurance, made in USA by a reputible company and a speed rating of 87 miles per hour as opposed to 65 MPH for all other ST (Special Trailer) tires made.

Not that I travel that fast, but I figure it must be constructed a bit better to have that speed rating.

My opinion and worth what you paid for it!

Murff
Thanks, guys. This is exactly what I was looking for. I had read a bad review of the Goodyear Endurance tires. But knowing some of you are putting miles on them without issue is what I wanted to hear. I'll look into those Maxxis tires as well.
bcarter395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarter395 View Post
Thanks, guys. This is exactly what I was looking for. I had read a bad review of the Goodyear Endurance tires. But knowing some of you are putting miles on them without issue is what I wanted to hear. I'll look into those Maxxis tires as well.
I have over 15,000 miles on my set of GY Endurance tires, including an 8900 mile trip from Virginia to Florida and then as far west as Idaho. Absolutely no problems to date.

However, the Endurance, like all other tires, isn't impervious to nails. On my western trip, I had two flats. Both were fixable since the nails went through the tread, and not side wall.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #7

5k on my endurance tires... you can't go wrong with them IMO...

and off to AK this year.. so it will have lots and lots of miles on them..
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodyear, tires, towstar