Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Unfortunately Jayco is not alone. Every maker will have something that should have been fixed before it even left the factory. I kind of feel sorry for the dealers who have to fix/repair things they shouldn't have to. QC is minimal in so many things today. The way they mass produce these things is ridiculous.
When we purchased our Hummingbird we went through it tongue jack to bumper, inside and out. It's our 5th camper (downsized from 37' 5er) so we knew what to look for. It was very clean upon first inspection, no sawdust in the cabinets, etc. I later found out every one of their campers goes thru an extensive cleaning before they are shown to potential customers. There were a few minor things like the rear window tilt wand didn't work properly and a couple other very small things. Gave salesperson our list of 'fix it' items and said don't call us until it's all done. He called the next day and said everything was done. Went to do PDI and everything went according to plan.

We have looked at alot of new campers over the years, on lots & at shows, and can't believe the condition some dealers show campers. IMHO it says alot about the dealer. Weather you look at a MH or popup customers should expect better.
Just my 2 cents.
Good comments - our 2018 H'bird 17RK is still 'spitting' sawdust after every road trip..no idea where it is coming from but we think the slide/fridge cabinet.
At any rate, for $20k I expect a decent build and average finish work. Only issue we fixed was the window cover over the bed came down the first week we owned it.
Our screen door has a huge gap where is closes..no idea how to fix that.

Rob & Lynda
Jayco Hummingbird 17RK
tv: 2015 Chevy Tahoe LS
Finding our joy daily in camping, wine, golf, NASCAR and state parks!
njhappycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhappycamper View Post
Good comments - our 2018 H'bird 17RK is still 'spitting' sawdust after every road trip..no idea where it is coming from but we think the slide/fridge cabinet.
At any rate, for $20k I expect a decent build and average finish work. Only issue we fixed was the window cover over the bed came down the first week we owned it.
Our screen door has a huge gap where is closes..no idea how to fix that.
Where is the gap, top, bottom, sides?
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #23

Mostly top at the round top corner.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #24

Seems to me some of the folks getting new trailers didn't read up on Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). Most of what I'm seeing should have been caught before you signed on the dotted line.

What happened? Why didn't you catch this before you showed up for final inspection and taken 'er home fer good?
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Mostly top at the round top corner.
Maybe install some thin adhesive backed foam weatherstripping?
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #26

Good idea - it was ok on delivery - we beat the trailer up pretty good w a 1100 mile trip recently so I am also thinking a few screw adjustments to the hinges might do it but I like your suggestion. To us, a certain amount of TLC and care are expected like a house.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:09 AM   #27

Quote:
To us, a certain amount of TLC and care are expected like a house.

Exactly!
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #28

If a screw keeps coming loose, the fix is easy: take the screw out, stick a toothpick or StimUDent in the hole, break it off, then put the screw back in. Still loose? Use another toothpick. You won’t be bothered by that screw again.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco door, jayco hummingbird, jayco molding, jayco quality