Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 AM   #21

We have a Norcold 2.7 cu.ft 2 way. We bought an Acurite digital wireless fridge and freezer thermometer. It comes with two wireless sensors which go into the fridge and freezer and the receiver has a magnetic back and we mount it on the stove exhaust fan. You can see the fridge and freezer temps without opening the door. You can find it on Amazon.
Astronuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #22

I want to thank everyone for their feedback. As I mentioned we are new at this and our TT is a New Flight Jay 28BHSE. I will give this NorCold fridge another try. I hope fridge is not defective this is a new unit. Maybe because I opened the fridge many time to check temperature it did what it did.
gilgrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #23

Best $45.00 we spent drops frig temp 6 degree's!
Attached Thumbnails
Frig Fan 11-14-17.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #24

What setting do you have the temperature at? Ours is an early 2017 and it has a slide switch with 5 settings. We run on 3 or 4 and it keeps our fridge at 35-36 all the time. The freezer keeps our meat solid as a rock! Once it is on, we leave it on for the season but we are plugged in at home. I find it works nearly as well as our residential fridge. All 3 of our past campers have had similar results.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Would you please tell me What brand? And Where did you buy this?

Thanks
gilgrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #26

We found that we like to drink cold soft drinks while driving and as a mixer in the evening. So we use a small 12 volt refrigerator (NOT thermoelectric coolers). We keep all snacks and drinks in there. Fits in the truck and we plug it into a 12v outlet. When we make camp I move it into the RV/camper and plug it into a 110v outlet. This greatly reduces the opening of the TT/RV refrigerator. Like others have said these are not standard refrigerators that you can leave the doors open. We also use an outdoor wireless thermometer inside the TT/RV fridge to monitor the temp without opening the door. Also we plug into power at least 48 hours before leaving and 24 hours before loading the fridge.

Now these are all pointers if you have an actual problem with the fridge that is another story....
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
It may have dropped the temperature at the specific frig location where you measured, but it doesn't drop the "overall" inside, internal temperature of the frig. If you measured a drop in temps at that particular location, then that meant there were other locations in your frig that were actually colder (before installing the fan), that increased in temperature after installing the fan.

I've used these fans. Yes, they definitely help reduce hot/cold pockets of air from developing inside the frig. They also help prevent frost from building up on the cooling fins.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgrc View Post
Would you please tell me What brand? And Where did you buy this?

Thanks
RV Cooling Unit Warehouse (rvrepair1029@comcast.net) Thanks
Old 03-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #29

Hi
The first time I went out durn the summer my ice cream kept melting and I blamed the heat. So I ordered the fan for inside the ref. So during the second summer outing as I was installing the power wire found that the upper vent was blocked. Removed the wood blocking the vent now ice cream stays frozen. Don’t get me started on the dealer.
Rklingborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #30

Since are talking about cooling the fridge...has anyone used a Ventilation Cooling fan for Refrigerator Vent and Ventilation Grille, such as the one below?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
solderwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by solderwhiz View Post
Since are talking about cooling the fridge...has anyone used a Ventilation Cooling fan for Refrigerator Vent and Ventilation Grille, such as the one below? . . .
It's a little pricey ($67.99 on Amazon), but it does have some useful features.

I believe these computer-type fans work well, facing up, in the upper part of the vent areas on trailers with vents that exit on the roof. However, when these computer fans are placed in the lower grill, vent area, facing in, I believe they lose their effectiveness. They tend to blow air into the back of the frig vs. upward where the boiler tubes are. For the lower grill, vent area, there are a number of squirrel-type fans available that are especially effective in these situations. They pull in air directly through the lower grill, vent opening then discharge the air at a 90 degree angle, directly upward into the boiler tube area---exactly where air-flow is most needed.

FWIW, ARP makes a unit with a fan option that switches one or more fans on/off via a thermostat that's mounted directly to the lower boiler tubes. The temperature threshold is adjustable. They also sell optional squirrel-type fans that interface well with this option.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #32

We are in Arizona seems like #7 and that will get frig to 37-38 degrees.Of course today in Phoenix in the drive 103. Filled up all the beer and pop, food tonight.Heading up to the mountains tomorrow yeah cool! Thanks
Old 06-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #33

Mines does better on propane also...Our first rip we had to call the dealer because after 4 hours nothing...He told us to make sure travel trailer is level. Also to precool when traveling on the propane. Since then no problems at all.
Angeleyes0001a is offline   Reply With Quote