Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Murphy
Posts: 5
variances from factory?

I'm looking at several new Jay Flight 28BHBE travel trailers. There's 2 we like at a local dealer, but, on the spec sheet, the first lists the GVWR as 8250 instead of 9250, I can't tell if that's just a typo or perhaps they just happened to put lesser axles on that one.

The second unit, appears to have an undermount sink that I haven't seen on any other similar models. Further research suggests this may be a solid-surface kitchen countertop (can't really tell from the pics), but that didn't appear to be an option on the Jayco website. Did that somehow just happen like that at the factory, or is it concerning? It seems like the starting base price is $300 more on this versus the other, which I couldn't figure out. I thought maybe it was just a slightly newer build and prices went up a bit, but maybe this explains it.
__________________

jp83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 265
Iíd take the higher gvwr. It has better bones if itís rated higher and for $300 it seems like a no brainer.
__________________

nighthawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:10 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Atlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Mechanicsville
Posts: 1,046
Which one was built later? Of course, like all manufacturers, Jayco reserves the right to make changes without going back and making retro changes to earlier built units.

I do concur. If the choice is between these two trailers, then take the trailer with the higher GVWR. Unless it truly is a typo, something about the trailer with the higher GVWR is better, whether better axles, better tires, or better suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp83 View Post
I'm looking at several new Jay Flight 28BHBE travel trailers. There's 2 we like at a local dealer, but, on the spec sheet, the first lists the GVWR as 8250 instead of 9250, I can't tell if that's just a typo or perhaps they just happened to put lesser axles on that one.

The second unit, appears to have an undermount sink that I haven't seen on any other similar models. Further research suggests this may be a solid-surface kitchen countertop (can't really tell from the pics), but that didn't appear to be an option on the Jayco website. Did that somehow just happen like that at the factory, or is it concerning? It seems like the starting base price is $300 more on this versus the other, which I couldn't figure out. I thought maybe it was just a slightly newer build and prices went up a bit, but maybe this explains it.
__________________
Erroll and Mary Doss and Duffy (RIP)
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:30 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 44
The under mounted sink is the newer build. They started doing this in Feb. my brand new 29BHDB built in late March has this change too vs earlier builds. It’s also has other changes.

Insignia roku tv
2 black tank flushed instead of one
Plug and play reverse camera mount rather than simple pre wire

You should go after the on with under mount sink. It’s not solid surface, but it looks nicer. Look for the camera mount upgrade as well, perhaps it has this too.
seanb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:27 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Murphy
Posts: 5
Thanks for confirming seanb61. I tried replying to your other thread 2019 upgrades thread and linked to this one but needed mod approval since I'm new.

Unfortunately, it still has the Furrion TV. At first I thought it was 12V, but after reading realized Jayco doesn't do that, so ya, I'd prefer Roku or put my own in for <$750.

I don't know about the reverse camera, but will check it out when I go look in person.
Another one I looked at elsewhere, probably not as new, had the Furrion Wireless Pre-install kit, so maybe it's been around longer. Is that what you're referring to?

If the first one I mentioned truly is lower GVWR that rules it out in my mind, but waiting on the dealer to confirm. I was just hoping I'd have a fall back and more time to negotiate if there's 2 I'd be willing to pick from. Obviously, I prefer the undermount sink, and it also has the power remote, so I don't know if I'll be able to deal on that one as much.
jp83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 44
I posted a deal thread a while ago that may give you some insite on pricing. Look that up.
seanb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tucson
Posts: 263
My 28RL GVWR is 8,400 on the Jayco web site. The sticker on my trailer says 8,700.
__________________
2018 White Hawk 28RL
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Riverhead
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
My 28RL GVWR is 8,400 on the Jayco web site. The sticker on my trailer says 8,700.
Added options ?
ShortCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
wags999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Surprise
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanb61 View Post
The under mounted sink is the newer build. They started doing this in Feb. my brand new 29BHDB built in late March has this change too vs earlier builds. Itís also has other changes.

Insignia roku tv
2 black tank flushed instead of one
Plug and play reverse camera mount rather than simple pre wire

You should go after the on with under mount sink. Itís not solid surface, but it looks nicer. Look for the camera mount upgrade as well, perhaps it has this too.
If it's not a solid surface counter what would the counter be that they are under mounting the sink too?
__________________
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
If it's not a solid surface counter what would the counter be that they are under mounting the sink too?

Hers a picture i took the other day. it looks like the same laminated top to wood below that they use with the over mounted sinks.
Attached Thumbnails
B203FC24-37FD-4AD2-B896-D2BDC321E573.jpg  
__________________

seanb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Wheel Lube | Tanks »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.