Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #1

Water from a container??

So this is the setup on my new trailer...do any of you have this setup??

https://gopro.com/v/y8vNyQ636Lz38

I boon dock a lot. If I want to add some water from water containers how would I do this?? Can I do this?? There must be some way to do it!?

Thx

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #2

Depending on how much water you want to transfer, you have several options.
I bought a bladder (similar to a water bed mattress - collapsible) that holds 40 gallons. It folds up and stores easily. It has a garden hose thread fitting so you can use any combination of adapters. I also bought a spare 12V water pump from Camping World (basically a replacement RV pump) and wired it to a 7-pin connector that plugs into my trailer hitch electrical connector so it picks up the battery charge circuit. I fill the bladder in laying in the bed of my p/u truck. I adapted the plumbing so the bladder connects to my pump and then use the same water hose I would use for a city connection and pump the water to my 5'er using the tank fill settings.
Another option, for smaller water vessels (5 gallon jugs, etc) is to lengthen your winterizing suction hose and draft water into the unit. You can still fill your tank in most cases. You would have to look at your specific plumbing layout to determine exactly how to do that. On my 2020 HT 30.5 either method is relatively simple.
I like the setup with the bladder because I can fill my fresh water tank in one shot.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Ist View Post
Depending on how much water you want to transfer, you have several options.
I bought a bladder (similar to a water bed mattress - collapsible) that holds 40 gallons. It folds up and stores easily. It has a garden hose thread fitting so you can use any combination of adapters. I also bought a spare 12V water pump from Camping World (basically a replacement RV pump) and wired it to a 7-pin connector that plugs into my trailer hitch electrical connector so it picks up the battery charge circuit. I fill the bladder in laying in the bed of my p/u truck. I adapted the plumbing so the bladder connects to my pump and then use the same water hose I would use for a city connection and pump the water to my 5'er using the tank fill settings.
Another option, for smaller water vessels (5 gallon jugs, etc) is to lengthen your winterizing suction hose and draft water into the unit. You can still fill your tank in most cases. You would have to look at your specific plumbing layout to determine exactly how to do that. On my 2020 HT 30.5 either method is relatively simple.
I like the setup with the bladder because I can fill my fresh water tank in one shot.

Not sure I follow what you wrote....I am just trying to figure out how I would pump water into the fresh water tank from any water container outside of the trailer.

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 04-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
I boon dock a lot. If I want to add some water from water containers how would I do this?? Can I do this?? There must be some way to do it!? Thx

Your owners manual will tell you how to add water. My 22j has a specific water valve setting that allows the water pump to suction water from an outside container. If you don't have that you should have a gravity fill port. The link you provided does not display on my computer.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:47 AM   #5

Im sure you can use a 12V water pump to transfer the water.
Wire up some alligator clamps to the pump and connect to a battery.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Not sure I follow what you wrote....I am just trying to figure out how I would pump water into the fresh water tank from any water container outside of the trailer.
You would use the same setting as you do for SANITIZE TANK.

I did the same thing as Nature 1st. Used a portable water bladder and a stand alone pump along with the onboard pump set to SANITIZE.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You would use the same setting as you do for SANITIZE TANK.

I did the same thing as Nature 1st. Used a portable water bladder and a stand alone pump along with the onboard pump set to SANITIZE.
Ahh ok! Thanks!!

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 04-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #8

Yep, I set my pump/valves to sanitize mode, and pump water into the tank. Easy, slick, and I do not get wet.

If you want a large volume of water transferred, then a bladder style bag is handy.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Yep, I set my pump/valves to sanitize mode, and pump water into the tank. Easy, slick, and I do not get wet.

If you want a large volume of water transferred, then a bladder style bag is handy.
Awesome!! I love the "all in one" station in this trailer! Hell, I love the whole trailer!

I will see how my water needs go and if more is needed then the containers I have I will go bigger.

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 04-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Awesome!! I love the "all in one" station in this trailer! Hell, I love the whole trailer!

I will see how my water needs go and if more is needed then the containers I have I will go bigger.
Give it a try in the driveway, so when you need to do it; you'll have it figured out.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #11

I think you’re looking for the “Country Fill” option, should be in your manual, but as others have said it’s likely the same as the sanitization process.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:28 AM   #12

X2 on Mokurt's statement.

Additionally, I use a portable macerater with the honey wagon in the back of the truck. Just use alligator clips off the battery.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #13

U can purchase a 60 gallon bladder from aqua tank for about $160. Dry camp a lot and this and the sanitize method is works for me.
RanWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #14

We keep water in our SUV floor and then use a pump and hose to transfer over to camper.
brandsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #15

Pump

I use a 35 gallon nurse tank that sits in the bed of the truck to refill the camper fresh tank. I use a 12v water pump that is drinking water safe that I found at harbor freight for moving the water from the nurse tank to camper gravity fill using a hose.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote