Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2021, 06:01 PM   #61

I guess we could say yes. We are just staying a little more "local". There are so many places to stay within roughly 200 miles...
msubobcatsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:37 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker_TX View Post
A good price (steal) is a matter of perspective. A gallon of gasoline in Venezuela is .07 cents. A gallon of gasoline in the United States is $3.19 .

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
Yeah, those “bargain” gas price countries are real garden spots. No thanks. Paying $3.19 and living’ in the USA IS a steal for me.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:03 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey55 View Post
Has the higher gas prices affected your RV travel plans and if so in what way?
Gas price is still the least costly expense of driving, with or without an RV. Driving my PU costs around $1 a mile right now, of which gas is right at 20 percent. If I stay home and park the truck, I'm only saving that 20 percent because I still have the vehicle expense, maintenance, depreciation, taxes, etc.

If I usually only did short trips, I would change to longer ones and stay a while... but I already do that.

So, no change here.

This week, I added Sumo springs for trailer axles. I'll find out next week if they are worthwhile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:11 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
Back in 1979 when gas was approaching $1.00 a gallon, I asked my Dad, “What are we supposed to with the high price of gasoline?” His reply, “Just pay it, that’s all!”

When my son asked me about gasoline being over $4.00 per gallon overnight after Hurricane Katrina. What do you think I said?

If you want to play, you have to pay.
Agreed!
What makes me laugh is people complaining about gas prices while walking around with a bottle of drinking water that probably cost a buck. So they’ll pay $8 a gallon for water but $3-4 a gallon for gas is an outrage? 🤣🤣
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:10 AM   #65

Having a motor home fill ups are usually over $100 anyhow . I just joke and say we will get a bank loan to fill it up. I think we have a 70 gal gas tank. Won’t stop us. Just be smarter.
MoToYel is offline   Reply With Quote