RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
4 bolts. Replace the gasket when its off. Some have the bracket and some dont and are just screwed into the roof structure. I would recommend having a dealer check them, if youre unfamiliar. Will save you alot more if you dont put it back perfectly and it leaks. You can also do the modification and add the chill grille to it if you do end up taking it off. If I kept my Jayco I was going to have the dealer add it to the two ducted ones. Most of the intake tracks are somewhat crushed and narrowed so helps get more air into it and pumps out more cold air. Personally, they should just have the old non ducted setups again. You can run multipes anyway on 50a power so just let them dump tje cold air in the room you want it in. Thebonly room I can see being a little cold air starved is the bathroom but I keep that vent closed anyway!
Very good description on how it’s done and the most important part was “let the experts do it if you are not 100% sure”. One small mess up and you can expect to pay many thousands on repairs.
easevado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:51 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by easevado View Post
You have to unbolt the AC unit on the roof tilt it over and look at it from on top of the camper
Not with the MACH-8. You remove the shroud and then remove the cover from the blower it can be accessed if needed. The WHISPER QUIET baffle may even be built into the roof assembly, unlike the standard duct system

I would contact JAYCO and ask for a copy of how the ducting is designed. Since you may be looking for a possible problem that doesn't exist.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #83

Heat duct

Mine were torn from the factory. Just say’n
Als1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:03 PM   #84

There is a new product out that is suppose to improve efficiency up to 45% of your AC. Checked into it but at $170 per AC I decided I could do that myself.....here is what I came up with and saw HUGE improvements.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-81502.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #85

That's a pretty good mod you got.
Gale Banks did a YouTube series on rear diff covers and how even the stock one is a better design than the aftermarket flatback higher fluid capacity ones are. Then he designed and patent one. Pretty interesting. Fluid flow and air flow are the same in a lot of ways.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
That's a pretty good mod you got.
Gale Banks did a YouTube series on rear diff covers and how even the stock one is a better design than the aftermarket flatback higher fluid capacity ones are. Then he designed and patent one. Pretty interesting. Fluid flow and air flow are the same in a lot of ways.
That was a pretty good series.
Weimaraner Duke

MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote