Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Life > Campfire Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #1

"If I'm having a bad day, then we're all going to ..."

That's about the only thought I could come up with for this one. Were they mad because the site didn't have room for their pickup?

So, park it in the road?
Slides out, unhooked, plugged in.

Blocking the road for at least 30 minutes - which is all I was around to watch.

Intentionally rude?
Or just clueless - like those people who'll decide to have a Reunion in the middle of the grocery store asile?

No idea.
Attached Thumbnails
badday.jpg  
Old 08-08-2021, 10:49 AM   #2

I bet if you saw the tag on the camper it would be a temp tag
Old 08-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #3

Quote:
...Intentionally rude?
Or just clueless - like those people who'll decide to have a Reunion in the middle of the grocery store asile?...
All of the above. By the looks of the mountain bikes, it wasn’t a couple of 70-year-olds. Some of these younger folks — not all — seem clueless to everything but themselves. Not just in camping but life in general. Woulda liked to see a big F-450 with an Iron Bull bumper T-bone him.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #4

Ah hell, maybe his wife distracted him in the middle of something. Surely he wouldn't be the first.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #5

I get uptight when I have to block a road for the short time it takes me to level side to side before I can drop it. I go into hyper mode and hustle just so I won't hold anyone else up!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Intentionally rude?
Or just clueless - like those people who'll decide to have a Reunion in the middle of the grocery store asile?
As "Old and soft" said, he may have gotten distracted and forget to move it. I've seen that happen before.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #7

I would say just clueless!

Like this morning, the DW and me went out for breakfast at a local small restaurant. It was busy, usually normal for Sunday morning. So, the menu is posted up high behind the cashier. The line was long, about a 10 minute wait. The normal, common sense person would view the menu while waiting, decide what to order and then recite their order to the cashier when it was their turn. You would think everyone would have the sense to do it this way, but noooo! The folks in front of us could not decide what to have when it was their turn to order. It took them over 5 minutes for them (2 of them, millennials of course) to decide what they wanted.

Yep, some folks are just clueless.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
I would say just clueless!

Like this morning, the DW and me went out for breakfast at a local small restaurant. It was busy, usually normal for Sunday morning. So, the menu is posted up high behind the cashier. The line was long, about a 10 minute wait. The normal, common sense person would view the menu while waiting, decide what to order and then recite their order to the cashier when it was their turn. You would think everyone would have the sense to do it this way, but noooo! The folks in front of us could not decide what to have when it was their turn to order. It took them over 5 minutes for them (2 of them, millennials of course) to decide what they wanted.

Yep, some folks are just clueless.
Just like people in a grocery store who wait to get out or look for their CC or check book until after everything is rung up. Problem is they aren't just the millenials.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just like people in a grocery store who wait to get out or look for their CC or check book until after everything is rung up. Problem is they aren't just the millenials.
If they are using a checkbook, they definitely aren’t millennials. Likely not even boomers .

On the same topic, I just love the folks who wait until they’ve filled up their truck with gas THEN go about washing every window and mirror — inside and out — while you wait for the pump. Happened to me just the other day. Grrr.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
If they are using a checkbook, they definitely aren’t millennials. Likely not even boomers .

On the same topic, I just love the folks who wait until they’ve filled up their truck with gas THEN go about washing every window and mirror — inside and out — while you wait for the pump. Happened to me just the other day. Grrr.
Or leave their vehicle at the pump while they go in to get their coffee...
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Bingo - I used to have my check all made out and ready to go - minus the final amount. Man, that used to chap my hide.

People who were "inevitably surprised" that they had to pay for their groceries.

"What??? They're not free???? Oh my - where did I put my checkbook!?!?"
Old 08-09-2021, 05:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post

Than they go in the store an disappear for 10 minutes
Old 08-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I get uptight when I have to block a road for the short time it takes me to level side to side before I can drop it. I go into hyper mode and hustle just so I won't hold anyone else up!
Me, too. Can't be helped, but try to get er done quickly.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Or leave their vehicle at the pump while they go in to get their coffee...
yeah, don't like to see that. There are usually other parking spaces for that stuff. Just rude/immature. I understand some people have to go inside to pay, but I've seen vehicles sit for way too long occupying a stall that otherwise could've been used by another.

2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
Old 08-10-2021, 08:54 AM   #15

How about at fuel stations when diesel is ONLY on the end pumps..... There are 6 gas pumps open, and the two diesel pumps occupied with people getting what... GAS.

Some of those people are just plain clueless and never even noticed there isn't diesel available at every pump. Others, obviously know, as I told them nicely before - they just choose to be lazy and pick the easiest pump to access.
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Ox View Post
How about at fuel stations when diesel is ONLY on the end pumps..... There are 6 gas pumps open, and the two diesel pumps occupied with people getting what... GAS.

Some of those people are just plain clueless and never even noticed there isn't diesel available at every pump. Others, obviously know, as I told them nicely before - they just choose to be lazy and pick the easiest pump to access.
Interesting observation; I never noticed that until you mentioned it. But I don't have a diesel so I didn't make the connection. I've been so lucky the last few times I've had to stop for gas where the end lane was open so I could pull in with the TT. I wish they had a lane in the commercial diesel side for us gassers that are pulling a long TT.

2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
Old 08-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #17

Quote:
I hate being in this position. Last camp I was about half-backed in to our site when two cars (not towing) pulled up behind me. Now this campground is a series of loops, bidirectional, so every site has more than one route to it.

After they had sat there watching me for a few minutes, I went over and explained that it was easy reroute to their campsite, but no, they decided to sit there for another 10 minutes watching me while I leveled and unhitched. But I am not going to rush it for them - when you rush you make mistakes. Didn't really appreciate the pressure of having a (not particularly) captive audience however.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
I hate being in this position. Last camp I was about half-backed in to our site when two cars (not towing) pulled up behind me. Now this campground is a series of loops, bidirectional, so every site has more than one route to it.

After they had sat there watching me for a few minutes, I went over and explained that it was easy reroute to their campsite, but no, they decided to sit there for another 10 minutes watching me while I leveled and unhitched. But I am not going to rush it for them - when you rush you make mistakes. Didn't really appreciate the pressure of having a (not particularly) captive audience however.
You tell them, “I go half-speed in font of an audience...”
Old 08-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgissteele View Post
Me, too. Can't be helped, but try to get er done quickly.

Me too - but the best I could tell, with no one around for the 30 minutes I was there, with the trailer all setup -- they'd just decided that that stretch of road was "their's."
Old 08-14-2021, 12:16 PM   #20

Why Not

I may as well get in my two cents as well. Last week at the Walmart pharmacy there must’ve been eight people online and one clerk. Wouldn’t you know it the one person holding everything up had a cart full of groceries and was unloading them at the pharmacy to Pay for one prescription and her cart full of groceries!! 🤷🏼
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote