Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2016, 12:22 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arniesports60 View Post
Delder63,

Congrats on your purchase of your motorhome. we have the
Precept 31ul. Enjoy it. Have numerous minor+ issues
that get resolved by dealer - mostly electrical
(red bed slide wouldn't retract due to electrical
drop bed wont go down, outside radio not working.

the one thing we don't like is the finicky tankless water system.
but love the layout, the features for the price and it
drives fairly smoothly (as long as roads aren't too bad).

Curious what the "major" issues on your relative's Winny.

Mike
Some of the issues in my sister's Winny are things like the shower smells like a skunk, the inverter wasn't working properly, the generator wasn't powering up correctly. They had a bunch of "punch list" things to get taken care of (like over 20 items). Ours just seems like it has a lot less issues AND it cost $40K less than theirs. Overall very happy with the unit for the value!
delder63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:42 PM   #62

Door Squeak

My husband did find what he felt was the biggest issue with the door squeak. He feels that the screen is rubbing on the door because it is not very tight. So he glued a couple rubber grommets to the screen and that did seem to make the squeak more bearable. It is not completely gone but it doesn't drive me nuts like it did. Now to get the overhead bunk to stop making so much noise (but I'm sure that will be better when the guide rails are actually screwed in and not falling out!). Here are a couple pictures of what he did. Hope it helps you and anyone else having this issue. The pictures need to be rotated clockwise in order to see them correctly - not sure why when they get uploaded they get turned.
Attached Thumbnails
Door Fix 2.jpg   Door Fix.jpg  
delder63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:52 AM   #63

Lovin our new 2016 alante

Just picked up our new Alante! Lovin it...We were a bit worried about the "ride" from previous comments; but we have had no issues. We were out for a 3+ hour test drive / run. A few glitches to get the dealer to fix and we are off. I cannot say enough about our dealer....we were to pick up on a Sat. afternoon - (1 1/2 hr drive from our home) - there was a glitch / issue with the bedroom slide out = w/n work... Owner / sales manager, tech apprentice and Rv tech (who came in on his day off to help) stayed until after 7 to fix the issue and get us on our excited / merry way! Wow - we were impressed. We are just learning all the switches, buttons, gadgets etc. What a blast. Been hit with the step twice, lol, but are having fun.
sitchintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #64

Looks like a big issue with the storage door slam latches on my coach. I have been locked out of two compartments so far, and only luck has allowed me to get to the inside of the doors to release them with a flat tip screwdriver. A plastic cap on the striker post cracks and falls off, preventing the door from opening. The pass-thru, sewer access door, and my entry tool compartment door has had this so far. I caught the tool compartment before it fell off but it was cracked. I have modified the latches with heat shrink tubing to hopefully prevent this from happening. Jayco says it is a latch manufacturer issue but any replacement part will have the same issue.

This is what I found when I took the Latch off the door.

This is where it is supposed to be.

Here is a close up of the cracked cap.

Here is the heat shrink applied to the post, hopefully this will fix the problem.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #65

New Alante 31L

We took delivery of a 2016 Alante 31L. So far we are very pleased and impressed with the unit. The ride and handling has been better than expected after reading the F53 reviews. A few minor repairs were handled by the dealer. Had a broken slam latch as described by another owner that I fixed myself. I feel the Jayco quality is better than the other equivalent class A's that we have inspected. We have been investigating for over a year and never even thought about a Jayco until we discovered it at an RV show in Dallas.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
We took delivery of a 2016 Alante 31L. So far we are very pleased and impressed with the unit. The ride and handling has been better than expected after reading the F53 reviews. A few minor repairs were handled by the dealer. Had a broken slam latch as described by another owner that I fixed myself. I feel the Jayco quality is better than the other equivalent class A's that we have inspected. We have been investigating for over a year and never even thought about a Jayco until we discovered it at an RV show in Dallas.
Hello, glad you are enjoying your new coach, and have had few issues. Mine have all been corrected so far, either by the dealer, or myself, like the latches. I found a total of 5 out of 10 were cracked, and the repair method I used has seemed to fix it, at least so far. If you had one latch issue you may have more and I suggest you check them all, as much of a pain as that is I wouldn't want to be locked out on the road somewhere.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Congrats!! I'm guessing you got it from Vogt in FW? We bought our Redhawk from them in August and looked at that unit then. They were good to work with but thankfully we haven't had a need to return for warranty work.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs A Class View Post
JesseS, good luck with your new coach. Since your retired, take your time going that 1000 miles. Travel well

Bob
Hope we don't have a stroke before we get there. Dumping this asap!!!
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #69

Read my post: "Frustrated Alante 26 owner"
Michael Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #70

Send a message via AIM to falfal3 Send a message via MSN to falfal3
Alante 26 AY water heater bypass

Is there a water heater bypass, if so, where?
Thanks in advance
falfal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #71

There are 2 removable panels one under the frig and the other under the oven. If I remember correctly is behind the panel under the oven. If not then it is the other one.
Deerlope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #72

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! It is in the storage compartment just in front (passenger side) of water heater, WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #73

We purchased one DONT!!!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #74

Be prepared for lots more problems!!!!
Old 12-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
We purchased one DONT!!!
Too late, lovin' the hell out of it!!!!! Found bypass, so easy to winterize. Thanks anyway.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
Be prepared for lots more problems!!!!
No problem, I have the ability to fix things Bird, sorry to hear you apparently don't.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:25 PM   #77

Another 1000 miles and still no major issues on our 2016 Alante.
enjo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #78

Lovin my Alante

Woo Hoo, good for you. I just love my 26AY, just the right size, I like to use rest areas and Walmart for overnights on my way to wherever I'm headed and the 26AY allows me to sleep and live comfortably without opening my slideouts. When I bought mine I added batteries, solar panels and a Dish network antenna but can't use L/R TV with slide in so I got a 20" TV that I put on the table for when I pull in for the night, works great. Being a fat old dude I found the toilet hard to use because of the under sink cabinet so an hour with my sawzall and lots of room now and still have the sink. I also took out the glass shower doors and installed https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, now I have a "Uuge" shower. Lovin the hell out of my Jayco!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #79
RWK

I'm fairly new to this forum but do happen to own a 2017 Alante 31V. We like it. We've not been without issues. The shower pan leaked and was fixed. The stereo head unit has been problematic we are on our way to a third one. The awning has worked but is problematic and the dealer is working with us to fix it. We have chosen to upgrade our suspension. While this sounds like a lot it could be worse. This is not our 1st RV. We love the layout and the fit and finish. It is a very nice coach and we plan to have it for at least the next 15 years. The company and the dealer have been good to work with which many people will tell that's not the case with most other manufacturers. You have likely made your choice already and will love whatever coach you choose. The RV for us equates to freedom. Good luck!!!! (I'd buy it again if you are wondering)
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #80

Hey JesseS, I have the same small wire with a switch attached by the upper left of the windshield, please post when fixed. I had the roof mounted "Travler" Dish network antenna installed, also I added a 19" TV on an arm by the entrance door, above sink area because when parked at a Walmart, I can't open L/R slider to see TV, pretty easy fix but that's just me, I MUST have my TV.