Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #101

Congratulations on the purchase of your new 31v! If you have only uncovered two issues and it stays that way over the next few months you best run out and purchase some lottery tickets! Lol

Enjoy!
Old 08-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #102

Okay, here are some observations about the Alante...

Annoying wind whistle from the side cab windows... reminds me of when cars had wing / vent windows.

As many have said, noisy in the cab in the lower gears.

Amazing visibility from the cab... WOW!

Having a hard time getting used to having just one door, instead of three. A real pain at the gas pump, we're used to just hopping out of the drivers seat and being right at the pump.

Discovered that the low speed fan switch doesn't work on the dash air conditioning. Hope the dealer can handle it, and I don't have to try and find a Ford dealer that works on motorhomes.

The Insignia TV's are very nice.

Sewer hoses are round, why are the bumpers square?

Side view cameras are worthless.

The new Garmin Infotainment system is great... but a lot to learn.

The Alante has its own built-in WIFI, boy was that a surprise.

Stay tuned....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #103

Check the side window that had the wind noise. Latch and unlatch the window to see if there is a difference. Also, push the window as closed as possible and see. Some are finding the latch actually dies not close the window completely. The Insignias, Garmin and wifi are new to the Alante!

I think square bumpers are perfect since the hose collars have plastic flanges that fit in the corners of the bumper.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgralante2016 View Post
Can you tell me the model number you used for the safe-t-plus stabilizer . I have the 26x it may use the same as yours but mine has 19.5 wheels .
Thanks
Milo
The coach model does not determine the Safety-T-Steer model, just get the one for the Ford F53 chassis and your model year and it will fit.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Okay, here are some observations about the Alante...

Annoying wind whistle from the side cab windows... reminds me of when cars had wing / vent windows.

As many have said, noisy in the cab in the lower gears.

Amazing visibility from the cab... WOW!

Having a hard time getting used to having just one door, instead of three. A real pain at the gas pump, we're used to just hopping out of the drivers seat and being right at the pump.

Discovered that the low speed fan switch doesn't work on the dash air conditioning. Hope the dealer can handle it, and I don't have to try and find a Ford dealer that works on motorhomes.

The Insignia TV's are very nice.

Sewer hoses are round, why are the bumpers square?

Side view cameras are worthless.

The new Garmin Infotainment system is great... but a lot to learn.

The Alante has its own built-in WIFI, boy was that a surprise.

Stay tuned....
As another poster stated, try unlatching the offending window, this works for me. I programed a custom RV tune for the ECU, really improving the shift points and increasing the HP, climbs hills much better, downshifts on the downhill side. The one door thing was hard for me also. The square tube is to allow room for the latch tabs and to give you somewhere the grab the hose to pull it out. The side cameras are indeed junk, I took them apart and moved the spacers to the front and they work 'better' but not great, I bought some backup cameras and will mount them on the bottom of the housing and wire them into the OEM cables for a much more adjustable view. Mine did not come with WiFi, I have had to add it, along with a rooftop antenna, has great range though.
So after putting about 4K into the coach post purchase I have it the way I want it, it rides acceptable, has plenty of power, doesn't 'roar' on hills, and has plenty of AC power without that obnoxious noise from the 'micro quiet' genset. We are leaving on a 7K mile plus trip in 2 weeks, must remember the pack the wine corkscrew
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #106

How are the new Alante’s
Banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by falfal3 View Post
I have a 2016 Jayco Alante 26AY and have lots of things wrong, Fantastic fano pens but fan doesn't come on, hydraulic levelers don't hold pressure, am/fm radio has no antenna attached (static), XM has no antenna attached, ilght under front electric bed doesn't work and TV antenna doesn't work (no reception). Shame on me for not inspecting better.
Hi, I have the same coach, I can address some of your issues.
The fan switch has a raise/lower button as well as a fan speed button, if the cover is opening but the fan isn't starting they might have gotten some caulk on the pin switch under the cover, check it.
My levelers had the same issue, it was air in the system, with the jacks all up fill the fluid tank to the full mark, then extend the jacks to the stops and leave for several hours, retract fully and check fluid level, top off as needed, should be good.
Half of the entertainment system wires seemed to be unplugged on my rig, I removed the four mounting screws and pulled it out to fine both the antenna and TV audio plugs just hanging loose. Tip: make some SS nut plates for the inside of the mounting holes as the plastic WILL strip out after a while.
There is no XM antenna unless you specifically ordered that accessory from the dealer as it is not included.
As for the front bed be advised some Alante's came mis-wired, mine did, not only would the light not come on unless the bunk was lowered all of the way when it did come on the coach fell off of the jacks. Seems Jayco wired the Jacks to the wrong side of a relay. I almost dropped the slide into a tree when this happened to me.
I have had other stuff also, any questions please feel free to PM me, I now have 20K on it and leaving on a 8K 2 month trip next week.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #108

we are picking ours up Saturday 2017 Alante 32N..we cant seem to find anyone else who has one..
Roamer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #109

What’s the difference in the alante 31v and N
Banksy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #110

Our Alante issues....

We've had ours 12 days...

Dash Air low speed fan switch doesn't work.

All the turn signals work, but the left turn indicator on the dash does not come on.

The awning does not come out without pulling on the rear arm... I think that the rear motor doesn't work.

One of the locking pins on the sewer connector (that the hose attaches to) is missing. So, of course, it won't secure properly, and leaks.

Now the bad news... Went on our first trip on Thursday to a local State Park. The road there is a winding, twisting country road with no shoulders. There was road work going on in one spot, bringing it down to one lane. The crew green lighted us and waved us through... however, unknown to us, their backhoe was still in the way. The bucket caught us in the front wheel well, and tore into the fiberglass all along the right side. Damaged all of the hatch hinges, the entry door, and the trim, and left a quarter inch deep gouge along the side of the motorhome.

Gee, what a wonderful shake down trip.

The dealer will get us an estimate this week. We may have to take it back to the factory.

Sigh.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 08-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksy1 View Post
What’s the difference in the alante 31v and N
Look here
Old 08-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #112

That can really ruin a guys day. Sorry for your miss fortune, will the construction company pay for the damages? We have decide to sell our 2017 26X or trade it for something that does not have so many problems. Every time we return from somewhere there is yet again something that I have to fix or make new. How the builder expected to check the door opening with a gas shock secured with two tiny screws is really bad at best. The door was opening so far that it was hitting the awing support. Then the real kicker was when I was coming down a very steep mountain road and the drivers seat came loose from the pedestal. All because someone did not put a jam nut on a bolt.
Deerlope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #113

Deerlope, we had a 2016 26XD, and moved to the Alante 31v. We feel that only having 4 issues on any brand new RV, by any manufacturer, is really pretty amazing. Two of the issues are on the chassis, and the awning may just be a loose wire or connection.

The difference with Jayco is the 2 years of warranty. Most frustration and disappointment almost always seems to be how the dealer handles the issues, and interacts with their customers. We've never been disappointed with how Jayco treated us. We're also lucky in that we also have a great dealer.

Hope that everything works out for you!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #114

My feeling is that Jayco has to offer a 2 year warranty because of their low quality that is the only way they can sell them.
Deerlope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #115

we have a Alante 31 RV and we are having problems keeping it on the road when we get close to semi truck it pushes you off the road I have put a lot of thing on so fare nothing has helped
DDailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #116

It looks like the difference is only in style inside .. but still curious why no Alante 32n's out there.
Roamer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDailey View Post
we have a Alante 31 RV and we are having problems keeping it on the road when we get close to semi truck it pushes you off the road I have put a lot of thing on so fare nothing has helped
I think that's the same thing with most any RV.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:27 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDailey View Post
Prior to our 2017 Precept 31UL we had a 2014 Melbourne 29D for three years. Actually, the Precept is better than the Melbourne when it comes to the semi truck bow wave effect. That surprised me because the shape of the Precept resembles a billboard more than the shape of the Melbourne does. Both would probably look KraZy in a wind tunnel test.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #119

I have to agree. There are things you can do to 'improve' the handling, but at the end of the day, you are driving a tall box down the road. Even my Fire Truck w/ the 102' ladder on it gets moved around on windy days going down the road.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #120

Skip the alante and buy the precept. Heavier chassis and 22.5 wheels and 50 AMP service.
preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote