Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

Sani-Con Turbo Marcerator system

Does anyone have some experience with this system?
I see advertised on the 2018 31UL unit.
I visited a Jayco dealer yesterday to have a look at the unit and the system and could not find it anywhere at the unit. I asked a sales woman. No clue what I was talking about.
Then I asked the sales manager. He said they don’t have it on the 2019 31UL any longer. “They had to keep the price down”
A year experience or comments are very welcome.

Cheers
Jaycoskip
Jaycoskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #2

It's on the driver's side behind a small door located between the generator exhaust and Unit exhaust. We've never used ours because of horror stories about when the hose will burst. The regular black and grey tank dumps aren't that difficult. From talking with folks that have used it it's very fast and simple.

Sounds like you need to go to a different dealer being they don't know anything about what you are asking about. And BTW from what I understand about the 2019s they have dropped the sanicon system along with the Truma tankless hot water heater and carpeting in the cockpit area. 2019s have a regular water heater. Also the 19s have a residential refrigerator which is a negative to me.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks 1955 farm,
Yeah, I went to the dealer with my wife yesterday and had high hopes the come closer to a decision about buying the 31UL.
It was somehow disappointing.
I have been reading the 2018 brochure and the manual back and forth and thought, the 2019 unit might be even better.
Far from that.
The Garmin Infotainement system is gone.
The Macerator system is gone
Residential fridge with no possibility to run it on LP
Half of one of the fridge doors is occupied by a ice maker what we do not use anyway.
No real ladder at all.
Now I hear that they got rid of the Truma tankless hot water heater and went back to an ancient storage system.
What else might have gone and replaced by cheaper stuff what I did not see
I think, we are better off going with a 20 or 30K cheaper Thor Hurricane. Then we know at least we buy crap anyway and are not disappointed. . .

Cheers
Jaycoskip
Old 09-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #4

There are several 2018s for sale on RVT however none really close to you. We had looked at the Thor but liked everything on the 31UL and it's a better built unit. We don't regret buying it versus other units.. The 2018s are definitely a lot of bang for your buck compared to other units.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #5

@1955farm
So, you can choose what you use. Either the Macerator system or just drain the usual old fashioned way? Where do you keep the stinky hoses, if you use the old system?
On the 2019 model there was a door where the old outlet was behind, but the sales person was not sure where to put the hoses. She never camped in her life, so she looked at me with big eyes, when I was talking about rubber gloves, stinky hoses, questionable liquid sometimes shooting out of the outlet when you remove the lid and one of the valves is leaking etc. etc.

Cheers
Jaycoskip
Old 09-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

I keep my stinky hoses in a Rubbermaid tote in the compartment nearest the dump outlet. Plenty of storage in our 31UL. Also it has a master valve in front of the black and gray tank valves so the leaking has not been a problem for us.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

Thanks. I didn’t know that it has a master valve. Good info.
Is there also a flushing system installed?
Old 09-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #8

I never thought I would want a Marcerator but the last rv I purchased already had one on it from factory. I have found I like it. If I'm somewhere for couple days I can just pull it out and dump and be done in a few mins. If I'm for a week I set up the stinky.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I never thought I would want a Marcerator but the last rv I purchased already had one on it from factory. I have found I like it. If I'm somewhere for couple days I can just pull it out and dump and be done in a few mins. If I'm for a week I set up the stinky.
That sounds like a good solution!
I just wrote the dealer a longer email stating my disappointment over the fact that the 2019 model got so much watered down with cheapo replacements.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #10

It does have a black tank flush system installed and it works well
Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #11

In the year and a half I’ve had my coach I only use the macerator. Owned TT’s for over 30 years and had to use the slinky on all of them. I was a little skeptical at first but now I would use the slinky only if I absolutely had to. The macerator makes a dirty job so much easier. Pull the hose out, place the fixed end in the sewer dump pipe, open the black valve and turn on the macerator. Within 1-2 minutes the black tank is empty. Turn the macerator off, close the black tank valve, open the gray tank valve and turn on the macerator. Within a couple minutes the gray tank is empty. Turn the macerator off, close the gray tank valve and shake out the hose to get the remaining water out and put the hose away. No monkeying around with hose connectors, no waiting around for gravity to do its thing, or having to rinse out the hose and finding a place to store it. Every once in awhile give the hose some love and run extra water through the gray system and you can flush it out that way. IMHO it’s the next best thing to sliced bread but that could be just me.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:25 AM   #12

I also have the sani-con system on my fifth wheel and really like it. The only problem I have is knowing when the tank is empty because the motor is so quiet I can’t tell the difference in sound when the tank is empty, and they say you shouldn’t run it dry for more than maybe 30 seconds or you could damage the motor, other than that it’s a real clean system to use. Although when we’re at a site for more than a week or so I use the stinky slinky because we have a washer dryer combo and I don’t have to worry about over filling the tanks.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #13

The turbo Sani-Con is a GREAT convenience and time-saver. Don't ever mess with the slinky's anymore but nice to know I can if (when) the Sani-Con has issues. Just be sure to install a master shut-off valve on the outlet of the Sani-Con box to isolate the downstream hose section. I may buy a fabric sleeve for the hose to extend its leak-free life. Also be sure your house drains have inserts to catch hair and such to prevent entangling with the macerator blade.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #14

I added a marcerator to my 2016 Alante, I have a dump station at home but it is elevated 2.5' higher than the coach, so it is needed on those occasions when I get home with partially full tanks, works well, and fast, but I didn't plumb fresh into it so still need to hook up a water hose the flush the line.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #15

Spoke with the Thetford rep at Hershey last year. They had issues with the early versions of the macerator hose (too thin) and replaced it with a more robust version that by all accounts holds up well. Couldn't be more pleased with the Sanicon on our '18 35S. Unfortunate it is not an option this year (except on the longer & more expensive Precept Prestige models) but it is available as an aftermarket item. Truma instant hot water heater is not.

Gas/Electric fridge is still available on the '19 Precepts but as an added-cost option.
BobAndKarenNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #16

I also think the Sanicon system on my 2018 Precept 35S is a great item...I rarely use a gravity feed even at a full hookup site. I just monitor my levels and pump out the gray tank as needed during a stay. Before departure pump out the black tank then the gray and off I go! Too bad they eliminate items for cost savings...
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #17

The Sancon system is a add on for any dealer when they order the trailer. They are acting like the manufacture is doing it for a savings in reality it’s the dealership keeping the unit as cheap as possible so they can sell the unit at a cheaper price. I have a 2018 355B??? ( I don’t remember the rest) and when I dump the sewer I only use the Sancon system. It very easy and less messy. When I’m done dumping then I flush with the gray water. It’s that easy and I wouldn’t have another trailer without it.
easevado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #18

31UL macerator

My wife and I purchased a 2018 31UL last January with the macerator and tankless. I like everything about it. A full black tank flushes out through the macerator in less than a minute. The small hose attached has a lot of pressure that comes through it but, so far, has not been an issue. You also have the old valve setup if you want to buy and store an old school hose. The tankless water heater gives you limitless hot water. The side by side refrigerator works great on either LP or AC. The only two negatives are:the mattress is horrible (too soft), and we’re scheduled for warranty service due to the kitchen lower cabinet pulling loose from the wall. I’ll hold judgement on the kitchen repair until I get it back. Overall, I love the floor plan and all of the features of the 31UL. This is our first RV and we’re loving each trip. One more thing, we also have the Garmin and I will say it’s not the greatest system. Sometimes shut off and gets real quirky on occasions. I’ve just chalked that up to my inexperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycoskip View Post
Does anyone have some experience with this system?
I see advertised on the 2018 31UL unit.
I visited a Jayco dealer yesterday to have a look at the unit and the system and could not find it anywhere at the unit. I asked a sales woman. No clue what I was talking about.
Then I asked the sales manager. He said they don’t have it on the 2019 31UL any longer. “They had to keep the price down”
A year experience or comments are very welcome.

Cheers
Jaycoskip
cookmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #19

My 2017 31UL came with the Sanicon. I havn't even used it yet, even after a 2 week trip. The reason I don't use it is that I can't rely on the tank level indicators on the control pane. The black indicator never goes below 2/3 and the grey never goes below 1/3, even when I gravity dump them. Black even shows 2/3 after I do a power flush for 5 minutes. So now, when parked, I just leave the grey hooked up to gravity drain and open all the time. When it's time to leave I load some water in the gray, drain the black and clean it with a quick gray flush. Anyone have a solution to the bad tank level indicators. Dealer says something like "they never work very well".
tsmatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmatx View Post
Anyone have a solution to the bad tank level indicators. Dealer says something like "they never work very well".
A SeaLevelII digital system solved the same issue for me, reads out in percent and always works as the sensors are on the outside of the tanks. I installed mine in about 3 hours.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote