Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2022, 08:26 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobdeep View Post
This is very crude. I just whipped it up in Visio.

Hi Gobdeep,

I'm building my cable and I wonder if I need to bring the "Power +" and "Power -" to the GP controller or I if I only need the CANbus high and low ?

I'm asking because if I want to use the spare plug on my leveling controller it only has CANbus, otherwise I will need to get to the node to get power.

Is this power used to power the GP solar controller circuit ? or if as long as you have a solar panel and a battery connected the GP solar controller will have power and will be communicating to the node ?
Dineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:16 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdumas01 View Post
If anyone is looking to purchase the JayCommand ProTablet controller.
I reached out to Jayco Parts for the part # and description. Cost for the part was from my local dealer.

Part # 0340940 - PANEL, CONTROL 7" TOUCH SCREEN WITH MOUNTING BRACKET J1-1 BMPRO
Price $428.60 + tax.

If anyone can find this cheaper, please post info on this thread.
It's now gone up to $584.06
Smabernethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:17 AM   #143

BMPRO tablet

Now gone up to $584.06 for the whole unit... tablet, and bezel....... Jayco does not sell the tablet itself
Old 07-20-2022, 09:27 AM   #144

Look on eBay. There is a seller in there that has them from time to time. I got one, it had a scratch on the screen but otherwise was new for like $120. I added a glass screen protector and no more scratch.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:04 AM   #145

New BMPRO tablet

Question... with your replacement tablet were you able to get the BMPRO cloud portion to work.???..... I replaced by OEM tablet with a 7 inch and can connect via bluetooth but not via cloud...... Called BMPRO tech support and they said the only way to get that to work would be to buy the oem tablet ..... that Jayco pushes some code down that will only allow cloud accounts to work on oem tablets.....
Old 07-21-2022, 07:50 AM   #146

The whole thing that I got was an OEM tablet and bezel but I have not tried or seen the cloud connection. Where/how do you set that up? I used this to replace the smaller LCD controller screen and my trailer has the smaller JayCommand system in it so maybe I don’t have that connection option?
Old 07-24-2022, 02:56 PM   #147

RE: Dineau
Looking forward to the end result. I have the same setup and woould like to do the same thing.
armentaaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #148

@NoFly, I didnt catch all of this thread while we were traveling and didnt reply about the Victron equipment. From what I have found, while it is RCV compliant, the Victron only talks to itself. It might talk to InCommand (which is what Keystone uses). But in the end from what I have found it is just easier to add a Cebro GX to the system you can then make updates and monitor things such as tanks etc (with some add on's) remotely. I believe there are some additional functions as well that can be added. But I have not found any integration with JayCommand (and they even said so as well when I asked).
Old 08-02-2022, 10:41 AM   #149

Question for everyone, has anyone extended the controls over to other existing lights in their trailer? i.e. like over the bed or seating area etc other than just the main lights? If so was it really easy to do or a pain?
Old 09-19-2022, 02:31 PM   #150

Finally made the cable using parts in previous posts and used my empty spot (where the resistor was located) in the levelling module to connect the GoPower controller and it works !

I had to add the option in the Jaycommand and now it talks to my solar controller and can modify all options via the Jaycommand screen.

Don't look at the numbers because my panels were not connected when I took these snapshots

Only number you get is the controller temperature and output voltage, since it is reading my battery voltage
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3743.PNG   IMG_3742.jpg   IMG_3741.jpg  
Dineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #151

@Dineau, that is awesome congrats!

@Gobdeep or anyone else who has changed out to the larger screen. By adding this screen do you get the ability to remotely connect (NOT Bluetooth) to your JayCommand system if your rig has internet access? Or is there some other piece needed to allow for the remote functionality?
Old 09-19-2022, 03:10 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
@Dineau, that is awesome congrats!

@Gobdeep or anyone else who has changed out to the larger screen. By adding this screen do you get the ability to remotely connect (NOT Bluetooth) to your JayCommand system if your rig has internet access? Or is there some other piece needed to allow for the remote functionality?
Good work, Dineau!

Tom, I've tried to set up the remote connect feature but every time I'm in the JayCommand app on the Android app, it says I need to create an account using the controller first... even though I'm on the controller. I haven't been able to figure that out yet.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:53 AM   #153

I just changed my small display to a controller and have cloud access. You have to set up a cloud account. Then you have to reload your Jaycommand app and chose the large controller during setup.
2014 Ford F-150 Max Tow (sold)
2017 Jayco White Hawk 27RBOK(totaled)
Tom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:08 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
I just changed my small display to a controller and have cloud access. You have to set up a cloud account. Then you have to reload your Jaycommand app and chose the large controller during setup.
Did you do anything special to create an account? If I select create account I get a notice that I have to create an account on the controller which is what I'm on.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:53 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
Tom,

Just out of curiosity, how much was the larger screen controller?
gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #156

I made an account on the tablet in the camper connected to the internet. I am not sure what buttons i had to push to set it up. I think i went thru all of them. I am not at the camper now, but will be later and I will try and see what I did.

I bought the controller from Ebay for $285 plus shipping. I think they are all sold now. Thanks to gobdeep for the lead, I have been watching for a while now.
2014 Ford F-150 Max Tow (sold)
2017 Jayco White Hawk 27RBOK(totaled)
Tom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:11 PM   #157

@Gobdeep - I finally got around to installing and setting up my larger controller/tablet. I was able to successfully connect to the cloud and now I can look at all of my trailer "features" from my house while it is at our storage location. I believe you have to do it all in the proper sequence. I had been playing around with the controller so before I did anything more I did a full reset on it and then downloaded the jaycommand app.

As part of the setup process for the tablet it of course wants you to connect it to an account. Have you done this? I created a bogus gmail account for it as I dont want my main account on the trailer.

Then when connecting up the controller to the node it would not show the "PA" and other initials at first. I had to do a complete power reset of the node after which the initials started showing up on the controller. Went in to PA and connected the controller to the node. I then made sure that the tablet was still connected to the wireless in the trailer, it was. After checking that I went in and it allowed me under settings to create a "Cloud connect" account (this is separate from the tablet account). After doing a email verification it all works. It was pretty simple. Every other option in the trailer also works after testing.

I should have done this much sooner but didn't want to make too many changes all at once.

Have you gone through and done all these steps? With my internet setup it is running 24/7 along with a couple cameras that allow me to watch things from home. So maybe you just need to make sure that the tablet is hooked up to the internet first? I believe it didnt show me the account creation option till it was connected.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:16 AM   #158

I have a few repairs and upgrades I need to do from our summer trip before we take it back out for our winter camping. I'll jump in their next week and see if I can follow the sequence you mentioned to get it connected.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:15 PM   #159

I happened to be looking around on ebay this morning and found these, they have 2 of them from what it looks like. If anyone is looking for the larger controller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12551107465....c101111.m2109

Now that I can remote view my JayCommand I am trying to figure out the best way to view battery/solar details along with turning on the inverter remotely. We are looking to travel next year with a new dog and want to make sure that I can monitor and turn on/off everything even if we are boondocking. I have looked at the victron cebro which will connect to everything except my inverter. But I believe I can turn the inverter on with a relay with the generator on option in JayCommand or even possibly via the Cebro.

Wondering has anyone else done anything like this?
Old 11-01-2022, 10:00 PM   #160

We just bought a used Jayco 3815 Seismic and the tablet has the dreaded boot loop problem. I'm being told that a replacement tablet is at least 6 weeks out and I don't want to wait that long, so I'll just get the Lenovo. I'm curious to know if there were any additional programs besides the BM Pro app on the original tablet that I need to download.
Jprowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24bh, bluetooth, bmpro, jaycommand, tablet