Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #21

It's possible to dump when you leave your site. Then when you get hom dump a cup of borax down the toilet in the RV with a gallon of water. Next time you take it to the camping location there is never a line up for dumping at that time and just do your flushing then. The traveling to the site will cause the borax to mix with the tank and clean it.
Zenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
If you are in Pickering ON, your cleanout will probably not be outside the foundation walls. I've never seen an outside cleanout in Ontario, probably not to code due to the extreme snow and cold. I do have one on the floor of my garage as that is the last indoor space before the sewer leaves the premises. I also have one further inside the basement where the vertical stack meets the horizontal run back to the street.

Our home is on a heavily sloped lot, so I can't dump directly thanks to gravity, but I can use the portable poop tote to dump into the cleanout located in the garage. And if you are in Pickering ON, then yes, it is illegal to dump septic water into the storm system. If there is an open grate, it is always storm water; septic wastewater is a sealed system and does not vent to atmosphere.
thanks for all the info, I am pretty sure our sewer cleanout is in the basement which makes it a pain to access. I am wondering if dumping grey water down the storm drain is ok? I thought as long as there is only water with no solids, putting water down the storm drain would be ok.
Javin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #23

Here is a photo of my sewer cleanout.
Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
20200716_133301.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #24

Back 20 years ago when I bought this place, the sewer line was connected to the neighbors line at the top of the drive ways. His was always clogged, which caused mine to be clogged. I went to Home depot and rented a trencher. dug to the street following the old line and matching the fall. At the edge of the street, the city came out and attached my line to the city sewer system. I capped my old line off where we intersected with the neighbor When I brought my new line out of my house, I installed a clean out. next to the drive way.
When we get home, whether we have dumped on the way home or not, we clean the system there at the house. While running my waste, I flush our two toilets several times in the house to be sure to push any solids down to the city part of the line.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #25

Thought of this when i read this post. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
****ter-was-full.jpg  
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
If you are in Pickering ON, your cleanout will probably not be outside the foundation walls. I've never seen an outside cleanout in Ontario, probably not to code due to the extreme snow and cold. I do have one on the floor of my garage as that is the last indoor space before the sewer leaves the premises. I also have one further inside the basement where the vertical stack meets the horizontal run back to the street.

Our home is on a heavily sloped lot, so I can't dump directly thanks to gravity, but I can use the portable poop tote to dump into the cleanout located in the garage. And if you are in Pickering ON, then yes, it is illegal to dump septic water into the storm system. If there is an open grate, it is always storm water; septic wastewater is a sealed system and does not vent to atmosphere.
I've built 3 houses here in Southern Ontario since 2002 and the plumbing code requires a cleanout. I added a second one at my son's place just for the RV sewer dump.
Groveite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #27

Here in Mississauga Ontario the city has a dumping station free of charges open from April to Oct. I use it all the time when I need to dump my tanks. The only way I would attempt to dump at home is if I had a direct connection to my sewer with the proper connection. Outside of course.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #28

Dumping at home or Rest Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateboy View Post
I normally use the dump station but if I can't, I'll run a 5 gallon pail back and forth to the toilet in the house from the driveway till the 30 gallon black tank is empty. Then I attach the garden hose to the power rinse feature and rinse till clear, which is usually 3-5 more trips to the toilet with the 5 gallon pail.
At home I have a septic tank that I can carry a partially full 5-gallon bucket of waste to. Unfortunately we cannot drive the RV close to the septic tank.
A couple of times when away from home and no RV Park or dump station available we have stopped at a Rest Area along an interstate. A few have dump stations. For Rest Areas that don't have a dump station I have again used the 5-gallon bucket trick, using the Rest Area toilet. Yes, it can be smelly walking with the 5-gallon bucket of waste, bit it works.
BobK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin View Post
thanks for all the info, I am pretty sure our sewer cleanout is in the basement which makes it a pain to access. I am wondering if dumping grey water down the storm drain is ok? I thought as long as there is only water with no solids, putting water down the storm drain would be ok.
No please do not pollute the water-ways with grey water.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
I can't help on the cleanout question, as ours is in our basement.

If you see an open grate in the street, that's not a sewer line. It's only for rain runoff. You're right, you do not want to dump into that at all.
****te'rs full 😁
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:50 PM   #31

My hundred dollar poop-chute...

I wanted a way to dump black and grey at home. Most of the kits I found were around $300, put this together for about $100.00

Found the sewer connection in my garage

It's slightly uphill from the drain point on my trailer, but it's not a problem with this pump.

Here are the links to the parts I purchased.

Pump $65.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWVMPGH/

2 foot Compartment Hose $21.21 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJJJMY/

1-1/4 in. x 24 ft. Sump Pump Discharge Hose Kit $11.98 https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...HK24/205618043

1-1/4 in. Plastic Insert Coupling $3.48 https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5-PL/205618042

Total $102.66
SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #32

God.... I'm so glad there are a few places around here with dump stations you can use for a few bucks.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #33

Don’t do a cousin Eddy, don’t ever pump into a drain, whether it’s black or grey. A lot of truck stops will have a dump station, too
Old 07-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #34

I used to have a macaetorator pumo that wnent from the drain through a garden hose and into the toilet. Worked well.
Choppered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #35

Black tank pump
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200718-171757_Chrome.jpg  
Choppered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:10 PM   #36

That's what I do. My clean out is in my back yard, and I have no way to get there. Townhouse community. It seemed like a pain at first but after awhile it's just routine.
BobZauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:41 PM   #37

I'm very lucky to have a RV dump port right in my city sewer about 6' from the dump pipe on my HM. So I always dump and flush at home. The previous owner of the house had a RV and had installed it into the main sewer line from the house that ran by the drive. If I didn't have it I would install one. Most of our trips are not to campgrounds so we come home needing to dump.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #38

Stay as long as you need to at the dump station, use your toilet wand at least three times, use as much water as you need to. It’s part of the camp fee you paid for. Merica!
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:12 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackIt View Post
My hundred dollar poop-chute...

I wanted a way to dump black and grey at home. Most of the kits I found were around $300, put this together for about $100.00

Found the sewer connection in my garage

It's slightly uphill from the drain point on my trailer, but it's not a problem with this pump.

Here are the links to the parts I purchased.

Pump $65.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWVMPGH/

2 foot Compartment Hose $21.21 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJJJMY/

1-1/4 in. x 24 ft. Sump Pump Discharge Hose Kit $11.98 https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...HK24/205618043

1-1/4 in. Plastic Insert Coupling $3.48 https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...5-PL/205618042

Total $102.66
As good as this sounds this isn't a good idea at all... It won't flush the tanks and you will get solids built up inside your tank. I would do this if I had too but I would be trying my hardest to dump every second tank the correct way.
Zenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:05 PM   #40
Site Team

A flushing wand down the toilet while the macerator's running will clean it out.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote