Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #21

I to have a 2019 Jayco 24b Redhawk. I bought it for long distance travels from Chicago to AZ. It has plenty of power from the v10 to run thru the mountains and very comfortable to drive. I do however have a problem with the windows flexing and rattling over 65 mph. Very loud and annoying. My refrigerator took a dump after one trip home from AZ. So it lasted 33 hrs and never turned on again. Ridiculous for the money spent on this rig. My warranty is covering it but can’t get it fixed until Xmas. I would not but anything again without the salesperson taking me for a test ride.
Jessesrt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessesrt10 View Post
I to have a 2019 Jayco 24b Redhawk. I bought it for long distance travels from Chicago to AZ. It has plenty of power from the v10 to run thru the mountains and very comfortable to drive. I do however have a problem with the windows flexing and rattling over 65 mph. Very loud and annoying. My refrigerator took a dump after one trip home from AZ. So it lasted 33 hrs and never turned on again. Ridiculous for the money spent on this rig. My warranty is covering it but can’t get it fixed until Xmas. I would not but anything again without the salesperson taking me for a test ride.
Thanks Jessesrt10 i have taken this and all the other advice onboard
classcwannebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #23

Greyhawk 2017 29MV

Purchased Greyhawk 29MV in 2017 as it had the closest floorplan we wanted, 2 year warranty, and the seemingly better ride. It was important that my wife felt comfortable driving as we switch off on long trips.

As with everyone else, lots of small issues, some of which had to go to the dealer. What has made it okay is that the dealer we use is pretty good. I have called them from far away RV parks when I had an issue and they got a tech on the phone to help me diagnose what was going on.

In addition, I found a good Ford dealer to service the truck portion, mainly maintenance items so far.

Bottom line, the dealers you use make all the difference. The motorhomes will all have somewhat the same issues.

Have gone to several RV shows since 2017 and still not seeing anything in the newer motorhomes (any brand) that makes me want to change.
Andidoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #24

Love My Jayco(s)

As I replied in a previous email we are on our 2nd Jayco. This one is a 2018 Greyhawk and we love it. The only issue was a recall for the jack compressor which the dealer took care of without issue. After endless hours of research & rv shows, we found the workmanship and quality of the wood cabinets are much better on Jayco. RVs are produced by hand, by normal or not so normal everyday people so like anything else there is always the chance of an issue. In my opinion Jayco offers you the least chance of that of having an issue. Plus there interior designs colors/prints/patterns are better than most. Good luck with your search.
Attached Thumbnails
20200920_122326.jpg  
MarkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:49 PM   #25

I have a 2018 Greyhawk 31fs and very well pleased with it. Remember if you own an RV you must be somewhat of a handyman...
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
I have a 2018 Greyhawk 31fs and very well pleased with it. Remember if you own an RV you must be somewhat of a handyman...
Amen Brother Amen.

Hard to be lazy and have a RV
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #27

Jayco Purchase

We did not purchase a motorhome, but I highly recommend you research the dealership you make your purchase with as much as you do the motorhome. Our camper had a major flaw and our dealership was nothing short of fantastic while dealing with us. They literally purchased our camper back and ordered a new one for us because they realized ours was a lemon. The state I live in doesn't even have a lemon law, but these people are second to none when it comes to integrity. good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classcwannebe View Post
Hello,

I have been looking for a class C a while now and what with the COVID-19 it has hampered my search. With all the class C motorhomes in the 28 to 23 foot range i have been leaning towards Jayco, i know all class C' s are not perfect and come with issues but lately i seem to see on other forums that Jayco isn't any good at all and i have set my sights on a Greyhawk 27U, as advice would be appreciated.
Margi Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #28

We have a 2017 Greyhawk 31fs that we purchased new. After looking at several competitors we thought Jayco had better interior quality and materials, also we looked at a Redhawk and thought the Greyhawk was a step above. No major issues and still happy with it after 3 years.
John Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:59 PM   #29

I am selling a 2017 Greyhawk 30X. Used 5 times.
2598 miles. 774-226-0855
Old 10-14-2020, 03:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Hello,

I have been looking for a class C a while now and what with the COVID-19 it has hampered my search. With all the class C motorhomes in the 28 to 23 foot range i have been leaning towards Jayco, i know all class C' s are not perfect and come with issues but lately i seem to see on other forums that Jayco isn't any good at all and i have set my sights on a Greyhawk 27U, as advice would be appreciated.
We are on our 3rd RV, we had a thor, we hated it, then a Winnibago, (nice product), and I loved it but it was too small for the wife, now a 2019 redHawk 25R. Very happy with it after all the upgrades I did! I think it’s the luck of the draw but they all have issues. Not trying to discourage you, just know what your getting in to. Service and unforeseen repairs, it’s just the way it is. I would think the only way you’ll get something Really solid is to go high end $$$and I’m sure it will also have some issues.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:01 PM   #31

We love ours. Only reason we have to sell is major health issues.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
We bought our Redhawk new this spring at the start of the shut down. The quality is decent. The appeal to us was the Jayco 2 year warranty as opposed to 1 year with the other brands. This is our 3rd rv, but 1st motorhome, so we knew going into it the first year or two is working out the manufacturer’s kinks. You can get the same RV anywhere in the country, but I would say make sure you have a good relationship with your local dealer because they are the ones who will he doing the annoying warranty work.
I forgot to mention, yes I agree, the two year warranty sold it for us too! If you are a weekender there’s no way you will get all the kinks out in one year!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #33

The Jayco 2 yr warranty was a big plus when considering others with only 1 yr.
That said, I tell anyone who asks how I like my Redhawk "The Ford part of this unit was made well. The Jayco part is hit or miss."
Alerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeper.1930 View Post
We love ours. Only reason we have to sell is major health issues.
This is where you get the best deal though. We bought ours from a gentlemen who used it once and developed a heart issue. Saved me $70k on a 2018 Precept 31UL. I felt bad for him but it was all I could afford and he was willing to take it so it worked out for both of us.
Dopalgangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerider View Post
The Jayco 2 yr warranty was a big plus when considering others with only 1 yr.
That said, I tell anyone who asks how I like my Redhawk "The Ford part of this unit was made well. The Jayco part is hit or miss."
Yeah like they either hit the stud or missed the stud when they screwed stuff together
Dopalgangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #36

I agree with everyone's sentiments here - paying this much cash for something and then dealing with some of the quality issues we face is not acceptable. Yet we continue to buy them.

And, buying one without realizing what you're getting into is a bit sad.

I don't mind doing the work on these things, but I'll freely confess I had higher expectations on quality for all of the components.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #37

We, the wife and me just wrapped up a 8,000 mile trip east to west in our TT and took in most all of the national parks + some historic sites. The only issue we experienced was self inflicted when I broke the city water fitting. Luckily there was a RV dealer close by who had one and it was better than the original, brass vs plastic. Prior to departure we did a thorough inspection, in, under, on top insuring everything was secure and that all components both mechanical and electrical were in tip top shape. Wheel bearings were serviced and wheels properly torqued. I'm a firm believer in PM!
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Hello,

we have had 2020 Jayco 27U for about a year - 7000 miles. Overall drives nice and good quality. Rear A/C went out and took about 6 weeks to get replaced - some of this due to Covid issues. Had few minor issues that I have repaired or modified myself. - need that second A/C if get 27U. I have added Maxair fan in bath - very cheep one that comes with it - was easy change out. Sometimes have issue putting gas in as the inlet is nearly even with the tank and have to park with driver side up or I often use Anderson levelers under that side to lift a bit and works fine. Good luck with your search.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #39

We bought a Jayco Redhawk 26xd last September 2019. New from the dealer. So far we really enjoy everything about it with the exception of minor problems that we've had so far which the dealer has taken care of. However we still have problems with water loss siphoning from our tanks headed to the dealer and they said they fixed it and we are currently camping now and apparently they did not.
Dg49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #40

Have a Redhawk

I bought a 2020 26XD off the dealer- last one on the lot. Haven't had any trouble, new gel batteries cause I hate to add water. Wanna sell it in the spring but it is a bit too short for you and near Redding, CA. Not a great quality but that was understandably not an expectation. I am just careful with it.
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote