Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If you are talking about for operating the chair, I have an inverter but not the battery power. I would end up with a dead battery is short order.
I fully agree, this is why we decided to go with the manual operated recliners.
We still have to run the generator when we watch TV.

We originally found a set of recliners in a furniture store that would fit with vibrators, heat and electric chargers and plugs.
The need for electricity and the high cost of these recliners pushed us to further search for something else. This is when we found the RecPro recliners.
We are very happy with them. Plus the price was very good, less then half. and they are made for campers and motor homes.

1SG Pete
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:22 AM   #42

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
center console!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
Yes....
Hi guys, we have the same chairs and noticed your center console. Is that a aftermarket item and if so can you send any info, Thanks. Frog
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #43

We got ours thru Amazon, but I see its no longer available and they don’t know when it will become available. Its moveable and just has a long thin foot that slides between the two seats....love it!
Old 02-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have been doing research for this project for several months and there are a few threads here on replacing the couch with the recliners. In at least one the owner extended the slide front to allow for the chair overhang but I cannot find anything about installing without doing that and there are a few other questions that I cannot find answers to. I am hoping someone may be able to help.

1. The window valance sticks out 4-5 inches from the wall and the chair needs another 3" to recline. Did anyone find a solution for this other than removing the valance? That is not a game stopper and those can be replaced with curtains.

2. The slide platform is 32-33 inches. Mounting to the platform, with the valances gone, would work as the frame on the chair is 21.25 inches. The front of the chairs would overhang the front of the slide. Did this cause a problem if anyone mounted this way?

3. The electrical box under the couch appears to have 120V. I have not plugged things in and opened it up to test. Does anyone know if it does have 120V through it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if someone wants to send the info via PM please do.
Just installed electric rec pro 58” recliner. No real issues.
The valance was left as is. Recliner installed just short of touching it and moves away when power is pressed.
The over hang was not an issue. I did not install a bigger platform. What I did was cut the metal that was used in original install in half. The with a piece of 2x4 bolted front to leading edge of existing platform. Feels pretty solid. Taking part of old chair fabric and having is sewn with an edge. This will be installed with Velcro across front supports to hide metal fasteners.
For electric I tied into the power box under the dinette. Ran wire and installed double plug between seat along back wall. Very easy to do. Chair will only work when plugged in or generator is running. Not an issue for us.

Much nicer recliner than what rig came with. Still it is made in China but not many options out there. Only time will tell how well it wears. Safe travels.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:52 PM   #45
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2020 View Post
Just installed electric rec pro 58” recliner. No real issues.
The valance was left as is. Recliner installed just short of touching it and moves away when power is pressed.
The over hang was not an issue. I did not install a bigger platform. What I did was cut the metal that was used in original install in half. The with a piece of 2x4 bolted front to leading edge of existing platform. Feels pretty solid. Taking part of old chair fabric and having is sewn with an edge. This will be installed with Velcro across front supports to hide metal fasteners.
For electric I tied into the power box under the dinette. Ran wire and installed double plug between seat along back wall. Very easy to do. Chair will only work when plugged in or generator is running. Not an issue for us.

Much nicer recliner than what rig came with. Still it is made in China but not many options out there. Only time will tell how well it wears. Safe travels.

Enjoy the journey
Do you have photos and measurements of your install that you could send?

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:19 PM   #46

CAG
Rig in storage. Won’t go there for a couple of weeks. I’ll try to get pictures then.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:12 AM   #47

Recpro recliner project--pictures

Turns out my wife took some pictures of this project when I was out on numerous Lowe's parts runs. Hope these help
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 01.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 02.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 03.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 04.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 05.jpg  

2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 06.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 07.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 08.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 09.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner replace Trifold Sofa 10.jpg  

Old 04-21-2021, 09:02 PM   #48

Floorboard Sketch & Pics--my version of project

Here are pictures & a rough sketch of the floorboard I made for this sofa-recliner project. Caution: not to scale & verify all dimensions to ensure they work for your rig
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Floorboard Sketch 01.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Floorboard RS.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Floorboard Tongue 01.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Seatbelt Cutouts 02.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Tongue RS.jpg  

2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Seatbelt Cutouts 01.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Extended.jpg   2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP Recliner Floorboard Tongue 02.jpg