Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #21

We have a North Point 5er on custom order with them right now. Planning to pick it up in Buffalo as that is the closest from where we are in Virginia. Sales were great and couldn’t get anyone within 3 hours of here to come anywhere close to their price...at the end of the day, we’re definitely concerned about service availability, but for a $5000+ price difference it’s a no-brainer...there are plenty of local dealerships with terrible service reputations as well.

So for those who have bought at RVOne and needed to get warranty service elsewhere, has it been painful for you? Any tips?

We can’t wait to get our fifth wheel!
Old 03-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #22

So for those who have bought at RVOne and needed to get warranty service elsewhere, has it been painful for you? Any tips?

Yes, its been very very painful. Sat in two shops for 6 months each. Paid hundreds in transporting costs back and forth to dealer because at the time I had no truck.Then the last shop actually did more damage trying to do the repairs than what I started with.

My tip: Take it to Jayco and save your marriage.

One more tip: After the factory is done, don't let anyone else repair except yourself....

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #23

RVone Albany, NY

I have purchased 2X from Albany RV. Sales team that I worked with (Shawn and George) were 1st class, above and beyond.
Service has been very good, thanks to Robin, service advisor.
jkeppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #24

We bought from RV One near Tampa.. The sales guy ( who was actually a marketing guy) was either badly informed or exaggerating, because a number of the features he offered didn't materialise.
On the other hand, the tech who did the PDI walk through was conscientious and helpful, addressing all our concerns and questions.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:10 AM   #25

We bought a 2015 Redhawk last fall with 2600 miles on it,from the Des Moines RvOne. We have had great service and so has my daughter who also bought a brand new Gemini. We just picked it up yesterday from a recall on the shower curtain and a a heater blanker for the black tank they had to replace. Dropped it off at 8 am and had it back in the afternoon. They wanted to do it in the winter but we had taken the insurance down to comprehensive since we were not driving in the winter.
They are moving to a brand new location by Bass Pro and will now be the largest dealership around. They are also adding a lot of new employees with the growth.
Before we left with the Redhawk yesterday the service guy was super and showed me some good info for when I un-winterize.
Our neighbor shops from them too and never had a problem. Their new service bays have to be amazing at the new location.
Give them a try.
Gcarter2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
All Jayco dealers DO NOT have to work on your Jayco..........

Wait until you buy from RV One and try to get Jayco dealer in Ft. Meyers to work on it.
We didn't buy our current Montana from them ether and they were a Keystone Dealer at the time and had warranty work done with them. No problem. Dealerships largest profit makers are parts and service.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #27

Bought from store in Orlando. A little slow in getting small problem resolved but I stayed on top of it and finally was resolved
Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #28

Rvone purchase

We bought from DesMoines dealership and had a small issue that we seen after my wife started to clean things spotless and i sent service manager a couple pictures and he contacted me back same day and was very helpful. Was very pleased with his concern and response. So far shop people i met seemed caring and helpful.
tireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #29

I am also considering purchasing from RVOne in Albany, N.Y. I can tell you my experience so far with them has been very good. Of course I am sure after the purchase will be different, so far they have been exceptionally easy to work with pre-purchase. To compare, I seen a 2017 used Greyhawk at camping world near me and called them to make an appointment to look at it and test drive it. They said that would be fine and scheduled the appointment later that day. I drove 1 and a half hours to the appointment and had to wait 2 hours for the sales guy that I talked to because he was busy. Finally he is ready. We look at the unit and then tells me we should talk numbers first before test driving. I said ok but thought this was strange. He then wants me to sign a form stating that if we agree on a price I have to put a deposit down immediately. I said no and that I really wanted to test drive the unit first so that I would have a better feeling on what I would be willing to offer. He said that I could not test drive the unit without signing the form and that he would not negotiate price without signing the form. I was furious and told him thanks for wasting my time. Went to Jayco dealer down the road from there since I was already near them and they did not have any used units but I looked at some new ones . They were nicer than Camping World but was not willing to come down much on their posted prices. So I seen a new 29MV on RVDirect website and called about it. Their listed price is way cheaper than anyone else. It is cheaper than the used one at Camping World. I have been in multiple conversations with them about it and they have been very courteous, answered all of my questions and with no sales pressure. It is 13 hours away from me but I am considering buying because I would be saving thousands and they have no added fees and I don't have to haggle on price. Camping world ( at least the one I went to) adds $1,400 to prep any unit from them (I laughed at the guy when he told me this) and the local Jayco dealer adds prep fees, documentation fees, and some other small fees that added up to $800. So I would be saving even more by not paying any of that with RVDirect. Just my experience so far.
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote