Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #1

377RLBH MORryde Drawer

I haven't picked up my 377 yet (due in June), but I want to start getting things that I will want/need.

I found several things on Amazon...Amazon is my kryptonite.

Motorized cord reel for the electrical cord
Motorized reel for the drinking water hose
MORryde storage drawer

My question is: What's the largest size storage drawer that will fit in the passthrough storage compartment? MORryde has MANY different sizes to choose from!

PS: I know I don't need motorized reels, but why not get them? After all, I am buying North Point, so I am keen on luxury! LOL
skinners25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #2

My suggestion: wait until you take delivery and have put all your "stuff" in the basement before committing to reels and drawers. You may find that the space sacrifice isn't worth the luxury.

I was in the same head space when I ordered my 377 (super excited), and am glad I didn't buy the reels after all.

There are so many related parts to each system (water, electric) that I prefer using a large bin for each, that way the hose is with all the other water related accessories, etc., and they don't take up more floor space than a single bin.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #3

I haven't purchased anything yet! I did find the HW50C from Progressive Industries for surge protection, and I like that better than the 'dongle' that I would need to plug in.

My main concern is organization, so I am sure there are things that will help in that aspect. We're planning our first trip within 2 weeks of delivery, so, that first trip will tell us A LOT about what we want/need.
skinners25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #4

I agree with Lowmiler...........wait til you use it a few times to see what you really want.

As far as sliding tray. I had one in my old fifth wheel, that I hated. It came in it. You lose a lot of room as far as storage. I'll never have another one.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #5

We might be talking about two different types of drawers: there was one that used to come in the North Points that was up above the basement area, and was only a couple inches deep. My understanding is that this was useless and ate up space with very little advantage. It used to be a standard item, then became optional.

The other drawer is the one that is basically the size of the basement floor (or really any size you may want) that mounts low and can be pulled completely out, basically giving you access to the entire basement, but from outside the RV when pulled out.

The second version is what I've had my eye on as well, but for the size that'd fit my 377, is about $450! Doesn't stop me from considering it, as reaching deep into the basement for things like grills etc gets to be a pain in my lower back!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #6

Ah, you mean a tray slide or cargo slide. Bear in mind that you lose some vertical cubic inches installing one of them, as you need it to be high enough to clear the lower lip of the door opening.

Me, I first considered one of those, but then just rearranged to keep often accessed stuff right at the door openings and the lesser used stuff in the middle. The height of the basement on the 377 means you don't have to crouch over too far to reach into the center of the basement hold.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #7

We might be talking about two different types of drawers: there was one that used to come in the North Points that was up above the basement area, and was only a couple inches deep. My understanding is that this was useless and ate up space with very little advantage. It used to be a standard item, then became optional.

I thought I would never use this and what a waste when I got mine and now I don't think I would go without it! It is deep enough to store my small tools, axe, clothesline and pins, some of my grilling supplies and the outdoor TV remote.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post

I thought I would never use this and what a waste when I got mine and now I don't think I would go without it! It is deep enough to store my small tools, axe, clothesline and pins, some of my grilling supplies and the outdoor TV remote.
I like the small drawer, volt meter, lighter, flashlight, couple screwdrivers so I don't have to dig out tool box and tv remote. And it's high enough that it doesn't interfere with basement storage. I did remove cable reel because it took up to much room but after seeing how Tom mounted his I'm rethinking it.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #9

I agree with most folks who say wait before ordering these luxury items. I too considered a drawer and reel, but since I got my rig, it's not so bad. I store my hoses and 50 amp cord in plastic crates. The sliding cargo tray does take up valuable space and it is pretty pricey.

I think the storage tray you may be referring to is this one: https://www.amazon.com/MOR-ryde-MORr.../dp/B004XW6WVW
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #10

Glad I didn’t get the reel. It would be in the way constantly.
I’m more than happy to pick up that cord and have the extra room.
I would think twice about blocking your ability to take down the wall when you need to get in there.
It’s a huge pain for me to take out all my stuff just to remove the wall. I couldn’t imagine if I had a sliding drawer that I had to un bolt and remove.
My wall has been taken down about 20 times for repairing things.
After all...I bought a Jayco. Lol.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Glad I didn’t get the reel. It would be in the way constantly.
I’m more than happy to pick up that cord and have the extra room.
I would think twice about blocking your ability to take down the wall when you need to get in there.
It’s a huge pain for me to take out all my stuff just to remove the wall. I couldn’t imagine if I had a sliding drawer that I had to un bolt and remove.
My wall has been taken down about 20 times for repairing things.
After all...I bought a Jayco. Lol.
Klassic it’s because you haul around way too much STUFF!! LOL
Old 04-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Klassic it’s because you haul around way too much STUFF!! LOL
Dude..it’s just killing me to think about moving out stuff in the front to add two more batteries. I’m still thinking about another solution. Lol.
You should see under the bed. Its ridiculous!
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Dude..it’s just killing me to think about moving out stuff in the front to add two more batteries. I’m still thinking about another solution. Lol.
Bring that thing down here and I’ll help you clean some of that stuff you are hauling around......
Then you can put your 4 batteries in the compartment to the left of where they are now. Lots of room!!
No wonder your brakes don’t work.....you are probably over weight!!
Old 04-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #14

Speaking of batteries.....
I checked Mine yesterday and the one in the back needed water and front one was fine??
Old 04-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #15

Quote:

I looked at it yesterday and even thought about removing just the left side of the battery compartment and then putting 4 batteries in there.......
Like 4 on the floor?? LOL!!