Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2021, 12:17 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Yes its schwintek, so the bracket in the picture folds in but there is an access to underbelly right behind it, when I opened it up there is a motor in there that works that slide bracket.
So is there that motor at the bottom and 2 more at the top either side like you say there is?
Spower, you’re going to have to show a picture of this “extra motor”
No offence, but I’m pretty sure you’re wrong.
Your picture is no different looking than anyone else’s slide.
I’ve been dealing with my slide since 2016, it’s been replaced twice, I’ve worked on it 3 times, I know every part of it better than I know my children. There’s no motor working the arm that folds the wires in. In fact I could blow on my arm and it would fall off, it’s so loose
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
Ours got to the point that it would go a few inches on one side or the other would jam. We had one side fixed by a mobile mechanic last year. The exterior mounting screws were broken, letting the entire frame twist. Then it started doing it again. Oiled everything and the seals are not jamming.

Here's where you should look carefully- On the outside frame, there are 12 screws. This week I checked ours and 10 of them were broken off. The heads were still there, but only held in by the sticky foam adhesive.

I drilled small holes 1 inch from each broken screw, then used #14 self tapping screws to reattach frame. What you see in this photo is prepping to paint over the repair.

It worked!!!!! Just reattaching the frame did it. I tested it about 30 times- no jams.Attachment 77237

That’s interesting. I was checking mine a couple weeks back. All were tight. However, that’s the ones that were actually there. Some were never installed. No screw hole. Just never drilled through. Maybe I need to do this.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
So how long are your slides? I can only find one motor on mine, it's 10.5 ft.

Really interested to know how big the slides that are having issues are?
The box on ours is 10' wide. With the outside trim, about 10'7".
Old 11-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #64

Beth
U said u see no flex in the trim at all. Try turning the force stall screw just 1/4 turn clockwise and see if that fixes it.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Mine has thick Teflon pads under each roller. Installed at factory service center. I would call them since I know they have them. I have seen numerous class C with the three tracks and all have had Teflon pads on floor bottom. Non were Jayco brand.
Thanks. I called Jayco customer service, and of course they said they never heard of this, and that I should contact my dealership. lol That's a dead end for sure.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #66

That figures customer service clueless. I just looked at my Jayco service center work orders from 2017. This is one work order.
Kitchen slide out rubbing roller’s wearing bottom of floor.
Fix. Added hard plastic runners.
Jayco Towable Service 574-825-0572
Old 11-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
My slides are out in my shop now, I'll check the screws and rails when we get home. Really don't think anything is twisted or broken. It's like the motor on one side stops around 6 inches in or out, doesn't change. Once you push the side that is behind it takes off and doesn't stop again until either all the way extended or retracted. I don't see any issues with the interior trim moving or bending at all
I went back to your original post, and that is EXACTLY what ours was doing. One side jams going out, the other going in. Give it a good push, and it will go all the way in or out. Other than oiling everything, the only other thing I did was replace all the screws on the outside frame. (see post above). It went from jamming every time to working 100%. Look at the outside frame again- if you see the foam gasket oozing out from behind the frame, that's a sure sign that it has been moving. Just a small amount of twist in the frame will bind it.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #68

Quote:
That figures customer service clueless. I just looked at my Jayco service center work orders from 2017. This is one work order.
Kitchen slide out rubbing roller’s wearing bottom of floor.
Fix. Added hard plastic runners.
Jayco Towable Service 574-825-0572
Thanks, I'll try service again.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #69

Post what service tells you about those runners. I would like to add two more rollers also. Right now slide is held shut by 2X4s after my shaft fell out. Two years in a row with slide problems and no on useable FW. Both my shafts on bedroom slide are also dropping down. Waiting to see what the fix for that is gonna be.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #70

Quote:
Post what service tells you about those runners. I would like to add two more rollers also. Right now slide is held shut by 2X4s after my shaft fell out. Two years in a row with slide problems and no on useable FW. Both my shafts on bedroom slide are also dropping down. Waiting to see what the fix for that is gonna be.
Bombed out with Jayco service, too. I might try our local dealer as a hail Mary, but not expecting much. I will probably make my own,

In the meantime, I just ordered 4 Lippert J-36 rollers to take some of the weight off the original 5 rollers. They install from the outside without removing slides.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
Bombed out with Jayco service, too. I might try our local dealer as a hail Mary, but not expecting much. I will probably make my own,

In the meantime, I just ordered 4 Lippert J-36 rollers to take some of the weight off the original 5 rollers. They install from the outside without removing slides.
How would they get screwed down?

So you asked the place that put the runners under Rock’s slide and they said never heard of it??
Old 11-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #72

The hard plastic or Teflon pads are wide and the width of the slide. They have short screws down each side of the pads. The pads extend just about to the inside lip of the slide floor. There are no screws in the last few inches of the pad that u v cannot get to.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:08 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
How would they get screwed down?

So you asked the place that put the runners under Rock’s slide and they said never heard of it??
So r those the right height for the schwintec on the kitchen slide? I seen posts on LCI site that they were using it on the dinning room under frame slide.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:00 PM   #74

Quote:
The hard plastic or Teflon pads are wide and the width of the slide. They have short screws down each side of the pads. The pads extend just about to the inside lip of the slide floor. There are no screws in the last few inches of the pad that u v cannot get to.
I was talking about how the extra rollers would get screwed down without removing the slide box.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:20 PM   #75

They have a 180 degree metal bend that looks like it is maybe an inch out. So u get the roller assy up under the floor with roller and the bracket extends out and u screw it into the floor edge. U have to trim the seal to do that. I cannot look at my slide now since it is fully closed and 2X4s holding it. If I do that I would also use construction adhesive under the roller bracket to hold it to the floor besides the two screws into floor edge.
The pads the factory put on they did not trim the seal. U can see light around each pad where the seal bends down around the pads. I want to trim the edges but if not a perfect cut the seal will start to tear when slide moves. Up at my camp I use that round foam pipe insulation and push it under the floor edge. That seals all the air flow from coming in. I think LCI made these special rollers with this bracket so when ur rollers fail u can put these in. Otherwise there is no way except to remove slide.
Think about ur bedroom slide how can u even get to the rollers under bedroom floor.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:46 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I was talking about how the extra rollers would get screwed down without removing the slide box.
This is the roller I just ordered (4 of them). You install from the outside, and the screws go along the edge of the floorboard.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Lippe...R-p/276288.htm