Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 05:29 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
NO!!! In 27 years of RVing, I've never thought of this. You just gave me the dry heaves, LOL!

And THIS??? You guys sure know how to wreck a guy's appetite.
Sorry.
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #22

Thankfully I've never come across these but we only recently started rv'ing. Used to only be tent camping in semi-primitive type sites.
So up to this point it is messy people and people walking through my campsite.

I do appreciate this thread though, even though it's kind of gross. Gives us newbies some insight.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #23

Last weekend I found about 20 dental floss sticks half buried in the sand around the power pedestal when plugging in. All I could think was what a slob thats to lazy to throw them out.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #24

People walking or running through the campsite and between the TV and TT. Slobs that get drunk, turn up their outside speakers at 2am, throw their beer cans on the ground and then pass out with a roaring fire going.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #25

People who don't rinse down the dump station after they use it -- the last thing I want to do is to have to wash your waste and your wife's feminine hygiene products down the sewer before I dump my own tanks. I mean, there's a hose there for that expressed purpose! True story, and it made me gag.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #26
Site Team

We watched a camper walking their dog, it poops on someone else's camp site, and they start to walk away without cleaning up the pile. We offered a poop bag to them, but they say "I'm not touching that stuff". So, being responsible pet owners, after they walk away, we pick it up, and place it on their bumper.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
Thankfully I've never come across these but we only recently started rv'ing. Used to only be tent camping in semi-primitive type sites.
So up to this point it is messy people and people walking through my campsite.

I do appreciate this thread though, even though it's kind of gross. Gives us newbies some insight.
x2, gives me a lot to think about next time I go camping. Appreciate the suggestions of cleaning the water hoses before hookup!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
We watched a camper walking their dog, it poops on someone else's camp site, and they start to walk away without cleaning up the pile. We offered a poop bag to them, but they say "I'm not touching that stuff". So, being responsible pet owners, after they walk away, we pick it up, and place it on their bumper.
Like your problem solving!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #29

Quote:
Way to go!!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #30

1) Trash in the fire pit (cigarette butts, beer cans, etc.)
2) The draining of fresh tanks in the site.
3) The Mario Andretti's of the golf carts.
4) Not picking up after your pet.
5) Wrenching the sewer cap on so tight, you need tools to remove it.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #31

I guess this is pretty tame in light of what has already been posted but I hate people that don't control their children.

I am by no means expecting silence but when rowdy kids yell at the top of their lungs and continually run through our site using it as their personal playground, it drives me crazy. Some parents haven't figured out that respect for others needs to be instilled in children. I raised 4 kids none of which are perfect but the one value I made certain to put forth was respect...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #32

I hadn't remembered the walking through my campsite thing. Thankfully it hasn't happened in a LONG time.

It drives me absolutely bonkers when it does happen though, and I have NO problem immediately confronting individuals in that situation, and have done so before. If it's an adult (who should know better) It's not a particularly friendly conversation. If it's a child I try to make it more of a learning opportunity.

As a boy scout, we were taught NEVER to enter a campsite without express permission from the occupant. NEVER. In fact, SOP was to stop at the border of the site and say "permission to enter?" and if the occupants wanted to allow you in, they would respond "granted", and only then could you enter the site. If there was no answer, you moved on. If they didn't want you to come in at that time, they would ask you to come back later.

That's basically a person's living room, have some respect! Same for the leaving trash thing. That's only your living room for a little while, then it's someone else's. I often wonder what makes those people think they have a right to trash someone else's house!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #33

For this reason, we stay at state campgrounds which have bigger sites and the sites are more spread out. This drives my absolutely crazy when neighbors are loud and do not care about other people at the campground.

As said, we are using state campgrounds, so no hook-ups. I am using only solar and I am just terrified to see a contractor generator at a campground. Fortunately, to date, we have not had such gen next door.

Just more common sense and world would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
(...)
2) people with extended families (large ones) that feel they own the entire camp ground because they are related to 80% of the people camping there that weekend. My site is somewhere in the middle, and so I spend my evenings wondering why 25 people walk through my site / per hour. (This became a confrontation eventually).
(...)
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #34

Dump stations are surprisingly, if not disgustingly, entertaining!

Last dump station I waited behind two different campers, and in both cases the guys wore rubber gloves, but then proceeded to touch every possible thing they could around the camper as well as their own truck doors, so that defeats the purpose I'd say.

And then the 2nd guy picked up his hose after flushing everything, and still dripping who knows what, shoved the entire thing right into his outside storage! No end caps on it, nothing...

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #35

Cigarette butts. Everywhere. In front of the TV and around the campfire pit. All over the picnic table area.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #36

I just gotta shake my head after reading all the posts. What the H E C K is wrong with people?

I've seen the all night loud parties but we've been fortunate during most of our RV travels. I do find cigar & cigarette smoking disgusting. I don't really need their smoke drifting into my space.

A spray bottle will be added to our list of things to pack and who'd have thought that my DW was into something with a tablecloth on the picnic table [emoji23]

That's all I got.

NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
I like it!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #38

This past Sunday we watched a guy dump his tanks with no gloves on, what was he thinking? He probably jumped back in his truck and ate a sandwich.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:40 AM   #39

Quote:
Left Florida to take my wife home. When I got back there was a plastic bag on my steps, I felt of it and a gooey disgusting feeling mass was inside.

Confused I thought maybe my trash can had turned over and it fell out and someone got mad and put it on the steps. Then remembered I'd emptied the trash can before I left.

Then I figure well some one walked their dog around my trailer and didn't clean up, then someone else thought I'd left it there and decided to teach me a lesson by leaving it on my steps. I was getting pretty aggravated.

Upon further investigation the plastic bag was full of grass seed that the campground golf course greens keeper had left me to fill in some bare spots on my campsite.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5 GTX View Post
This past Sunday we watched a guy dump his tanks with no gloves on, what was he thinking? He probably jumped back in his truck and ate a sandwich.
Or bit his fingernails! yeww
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote