Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Just curious, whats under the sofa? Could it be removed and replaced with a small type theater wall hugger sofa?
We are getting ready to order our new 24rbs and was wondering the same thing. We have a 2015 23rb and assume that it is the same furnace layout but wanted to know for sure.

VinceN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #92

just watched a video of one. Yep the furnace is under there. The furnace exhaust was on the outside right where the sofa is located.

goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #93
Moderator Emeritus

VinceN & goducks.....,

Your correct, the furnace is under the sofa. There is room to the right of the furnace for a single wall hugger recliner...., it's 3'-4" from edge of the wood furnace enclosure to the far right end of the existing sofa. The wood furnace enclosure is approx. 24" x 24" x 10" tall. The fresh water tank fill and water line is directly in front of the enclosure.

The Lazy-boy wall hugger I have is 32" wide and requires approx. 3'-4" deep footprint when in the upright position. I wouldn't consider a wall hugger recliner any bigger then this.

Adding a recliner to the right of the furnace would reduce the walk-thru space a little between the recliner and corner kitchen counter...., and with the recliner extended the leg/foot support would be over the floor furnace vent.

I've considered adding a 2nd recliner in lieu of the sofa, but for now having the extra storage space is nice.

Reference my 2018 24RBS:

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #94

Question- was your furnace located under your jack knife sofa? My furnace is located under my sofa with the exhaust vent coming out the front left of center of the sofa. I would like to install two recliners in place of the sofa but don't know how to get around the furnace problem. Any ideas from anyone?
mnsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #95
Moderator Emeritus

Finally tackled re-routing the large wire bundle that 'originally' went over the top of the metal angle battery box supports. The 'over the top' wire bundle would interfere with the installation of my two 6V deep cycle battery boxes that I had in my retired Eagle.

Was a straight forward task that involved removing/remounting/disconnecting/re-routing the associated wired items then attaching the wire bundle from 'beneath' the metal angle battery box supports (like it was on my Eagle).

Will install the two 6V batteries this spring.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
Old 02-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Finally removed the two water lines to the outdoor sink/stove drawer I removed a few months ago, using a couple SharkBite connectors in lieu of the original 'T' connectors.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
Old 02-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #97
Moderator Emeritus

Tackled installing the three Lexan panels into my screen door today, and overall the install went without any issues. The screens remain, the panels were installed on the 'interior' side of the screen door. I purchased the standard clear 1/8" Lexan, not the higher UV grade material.

I cut the Lexan widths so both sides would insert into the screen door's existing vertical tracks. I bowed the Lexan panel slightly in-order to get both panel side edges to seat into the door's vertical track(s). The top/bottom edges of the Lexan panels were cut to be flush (resting on bottom door frame surface opening) with their respective top/bottom door frame surface.

Adjustable picture hanging clips (1/8"), #6 x 1/2" sheet metal screws, and a couple 1/4" diameter felt bumpers finished the job.

The picture hanging clips were installed so the plastic offset rested against the Lexan panel, and the screw came thru the opposite side of the clip. The clips 1/8" offset worked perfectly with the door frame. I attached the felt bumpers to the clips that were installed along the horizontal screen door frame.

Clips I used: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-6-P...angers/3036531

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
Old 02-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #98

How do you get air via the screen door? Do you have to take out the Lexan panels when you want air to come through the door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Tackled installing the three Lexan panels into my screen door today, and overall the install went without any issues. The screens remain, the panels were installed on the 'interior' side of the screen door. I purchased the standard clear 1/8" Lexan, not the higher UV grade material.

I cut the Lexan widths so both sides would insert into the screen door's existing vertical tracks. I bowed the Lexan panel slightly in-order to get both panel side edges to seat into the door's vertical track(s). The top/bottom edges of the Lexan panels were cut to be flush (resting on bottom door frame surface opening) with their respective top/bottom door frame surface.

Adjustable picture hanging clips (1/8"), #6 x 1/2" sheet metal screws, and a couple 1/4" diameter felt bumpers finished the job.

The picture hanging clips were installed so the plastic offset rested against the Lexan panel, and the screw came thru the opposite side of the clip. The clips 1/8" offset worked perfectly with the door frame. I attached the felt bumpers to the clips that were installed along the horizontal screen door frame.

Clips I used: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-6-P...angers/3036531

Bob
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #99
Moderator Emeritus

Atlee,

Yes.

I had screen door panels on my retired Eagle for 10 years and very seldom needed to remove the door panels due to air circulation issues, open windows did the job. When boondocking I would remove the top panel if interior temps warranted it and ran a 12v fan....., not a big deal.

Since I camp year round (winter in Texas Hill Country) most of my extended travel destinations the panels don't require removal.

In my case I like having the added light (and view) while running the A/C or furnace.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
Old 03-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Tackled closing off the bed storage/pass-thru storage and added insulation. The intent of the insulation was to cover those little open areas (to the bedroom) and provide some cold air protection.

Closed off area that also adds support under the three Jayco bed platform 2x2's.....,

The three exposed OEM 2x2's are the Jayco installed "stiffeners" attached to the plywood bed platform......,

Bed platform hinge area......,

View with bed raised in bedroom......,

Bob
I put a beautiful divider in my new 24rbs today but forgot to account for the three stiffeners. Doh!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk