Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #41

I emailed Jayco customer service about my 2018 Greyhawk 29MV and they replied:

"Your coach is subject to the recall."

So, I guess I'm in a holding pattern until they officially announce the fix. Meanwhile, think I'll take a peek at the existing work.

watchout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #42

I taked to Jayco today about a recall on my 2018 Entegra Esteem 29V. There is and the recall is 20V-548 which has to do with the leveling system. The paper work should be here in the mail by the middle of the Oct. they said.
Crawler87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #43

RE: "I called Jayco Customer Service yesterday to inquire if my 2018 Greyhawk was subject to this recall as I had not received any recall notification (posted recall notice indicated 2016-2019 Greyhawks were included). Surprisingly, I was advised my unit was not on the recall list? A check under my rig shows the same welded on mounting bracket without any additional support as depicted in the pics on this thread. It did feel very solid though, however I still question why my rig does not require the recall repair...."

So today I started thinking about this further, and decided to send something off to Jayco in writing asking the same question again. So I send an email this morning to Jayco customer service, and this time the reply was "Yes, your unit does fall under this recall"! WTH First they tell me no, now they tell me yes. Just an FYI to others inquiring with a suggestion you do it in writing!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #44

As of 9/21 there is no fix yet for the recall

My 2018 Entegra odyssey 25r is on the list...but to bad so sad we can't fix it yet.....lol
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavman View Post
As of 9/21 there is no fix yet for the recall

My 2018 Entegra odyssey 25r is on the list...but to bad so sad we can't fix it yet.....lol
I questioned if a remedy was available, and Jayco replied to me this afternoon that parts are now available for dealers to make the repairs.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #46
MD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Nardu View Post
I questioned if a remedy was available, and Jayco replied to me this afternoon that parts are now available for dealers to make the repairs.
It would be interesting to see what the repair is....

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #47

I did call jayco and they said my rig is not on recall list. I got their recall letter 6 months later.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #48

Angry Found out about recall yesterday, today my rig failed in the driveway

So got the notification off the forum about the recall. Called Jayco and was told my rig was not effected (or is affected), fine, cool. This morning, drive my rig onto the driveway and snap! See pics. Contacted Jayco again and now told it will be covered. Problem is, Campingworld, Savannah, can't get me into until 22 Oct and more than likely won't be fixed until November. Sorry that won't do. Got a mechanical engineer friend that answered my call on FB for recommendations. Taking it to his shop to get new braces made and welded into place. Gotta love it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20201001_162338.jpg   IMG_20201001_162401.jpg   IMG_20201001_162423.jpg  
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #49

I wonder when Jayco will come up with a fix . Also wonder if it will have to be welded on or can be bolted on. I sure hope it does not have to go to a Dealer and wait for 2 yrs to be fixed, if that is so mine will be fixed by my local repair shop.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #50

Our local dealer has a mobile team

In shop...1.5mo out

Mobil is 2 weeks
Old 10-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Nardu View Post
RE: "I called Jayco Customer Service yesterday to inquire if my 2018 Greyhawk was subject to this recall as I had not received any recall notification (posted recall notice indicated 2016-2019 Greyhawks were included). Surprisingly, I was advised my unit was not on the recall list? A check under my rig shows the same welded on mounting bracket without any additional support as depicted in the pics on this thread. It did feel very solid though, however I still question why my rig does not require the recall repair...."

So today I started thinking about this further, and decided to send something off to Jayco in writing asking the same question again. So I send an email this morning to Jayco customer service, and this time the reply was "Yes, your unit does fall under this recall"! WTH First they tell me no, now they tell me yes. Just an FYI to others inquiring with a suggestion you do it in writing!
This really doent surprise me at all.....

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:17 PM   #52

Can somebody that has been notified that their coach is under the recall post a pic of the current setup?

The bracket that failed based on Jim_In_WA's pic is not mounted the same as the bracket that is used for mounting the pump on my coach which Entegra/Jayco says is not subject to the recall.

It looks like the one that failed is mounted on the outside of the frame rail while mine is mounted/welded on the inside of the frame rail channel.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Can somebody that has been notified that their coach is under the recall post a pic of the current setup?

The bracket that failed based on Jim_In_WA's pic is not mounted the same as the bracket that is used for mounting the pump on my coach which Entegra/Jayco says is not subject to the recall.

It looks like the one that failed is mounted on the outside of the frame rail while mine is mounted/welded on the inside of the frame rail channel.
You gotta remember this recall covers class C’s and Super C’s. The pictures of the failure by Jim looks to be on a Class C which uses a different bracket than the Super C’s.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #54

I'll be looking at mine on sunday
Old 10-01-2020, 08:58 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
You gotta remember this recall covers class C’s and Super C’s. The pictures of the failure by Jim looks to be on a Class C which uses a different bracket than the Super C’s.
Understand that. It would be nice to have the pics from both to try and determine why some are subject to the recall and others are not. Is the issue a full weld along the seam vs a spot weld along the bracket? What did they change on some that negates the recall?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #56

Quote:
Just in reading reports over the years with pumps falling off and not liking how much mine flexed, I went ahead and braced mine myself. Like JimD said, mine is probably stronger than their fix will be.
Quote:
Well I m guessing that maybe the recall on the Senecas for 2016-2018 may not include the 2018.5 units which was the switch to the New S2 chassis. The first picture is from My 2018.5 on the S2 chassis and in this pic I have already added the tube brace. Someone on the Seneca Facebook page posted the second pic which is on a 2021 and it looks the same. Hopefully somebody will post up a 2016-2018 on an M2 chassis for comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
Here is mine - 2018 M2
-
Quote:
Bracket on the 2020 Accolade

Attachment 64027

Attachment 64028

The bracket is welded to the frame. It does, however, look like it could benefit from some additional support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFRANCIS View Post
Ours broke in Sept. of 2019. We had stopped at the welcome center @ Fort Collins, Colorado, walking back from the welcome center, I thought "what the heck is hanging down from our motor home. It was the hydraulic unit, just hanging by the wiring. Not sure when weld broke, but very fortunate it didn't fall completely off while traveling, hard to tell how much damage it would have caused. (or could have even had a crash!!) Got it ratchet strapped up at the welcome center, and made an appointment with Nathan's RV Service in Fort Collins. Nathan's did a super job, with extra bracing, and a complete weld on channel, not just a spot weld. Cost was $200, which JAYCO REIMBURSED US.....OUR 2017 Jayco Seneca 37 TS was still in warranty.
As I look at every one of these pictures... Our 2015 (not on the recall) is fabricated the exact same way.

First, we are not in the recall... but likely have the same defect. We will never take our Seneca to a CW dealer to fix ours - so it looks like we will be fabricating something of our own. Going to need to be taking the Welder with us south this winter.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #57

Quote:

Frame is different between greyhawk and freightliner.
Dananu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #58

Last week I called the Jayco customer service to ask about recall 9901519 and see if my 2016 Seneca was on it. They said that my unit was not on the recall list, so I asked if they could send me a copy of it. All they could offer up was the interim fix. I am currently waiting for an email response from Jayco on a copy of 9901519 recall. The attached may help some Grey/Red Hawk owners, no mention of Senecas'.

Ed
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20V-405A 2020-322A INTERIM Instrucations .pdf (1.09 MB, 72 views)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab
Australian Cattle dogs Zan & Tre
ed4ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
As I look at every one of these pictures... Our 2015 (not on the recall) is fabricated the exact same way.

First, we are not in the recall... but likely have the same defect. We will never take our Seneca to a CW dealer to fix ours - so it looks like we will be fabricating something of our own. Going to need to be taking the Welder with us south this winter.
Agree on CW. Look up my nightmare story with this unit. We determined CW had removed the shower to "fix" the leak I had. Found out in short order they did not re-install properly. Screws were not put in fully and or correctly. No new caulk used. Shower frame detached from wall and now we have a trickle of water due to ill fitting install. Oh well. Next item for me to correct.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #60

I have a 2016 Greyhawk and received the recall notice. My bracket is welded differently than others photos I have seen. I have sent Jayco an email with the photos to check if I actually need it repaired. I have over 60000 miles on it, with no problems with the mount.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0184.jpeg  
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote