Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiejar View Post
Sorry, not too forum savvy. I'm not replying. I can't figure out... How do I post a question? Two really: 1. Anyone know the size of the lug nuts on the 2021 25RB? Manual is no help. 2. Anyone know of a retro-fit option for a clear window in the entrance door? The door surround molding doesn't present any screwheads to remove the factory glass. Thanks
Pax,
Cookiejar
Welcome to this forum.

How do I post a question? Click on Post Reply or Quick Reply on the topic. If your question is unrelated to the topic, you can click on New Thread under the appropriate category (e.g. Jayco Travel Trailers) and post your question there. Be sure to give your new thread a Title.

1. Anyone know the size of the lug nuts on the 2021 25RB? They take a 3/4 inch socket.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:22 AM   #42

I think the lug nuts are 3/4”. The spare tire is another size however! There are 2 kits that will fit your window. I replaced mine with the lippert version. It came with tabs to release the plastic bezel. The instructions don’t explain it fully so do a YouTube search to see how they come off. I had to seal around the outside edge with an RV caulk to keep water from intruding.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:40 PM   #43

2022 25rb

Hey everyone… new to Jayco. This 25RB is my second TT. Love the room I have compared to my 17 footer I had before. My paperwork says I have a 2022. I got it in August. But anywho… my frig is all electric which is amazing. The full bath is amazing. Definitely going to upgrade to toilet… my two problems…I put toppers on my mattress and that shelf over the head is literally 8 inches above my forehead so any spontaneous wake ups result in a head smack. Thinking of removing or purchasing a lower more comfortable mattress? What would you do? Second this is I just got my Dish Tailgater. Going to hard mount it on the roof. But my problem is when I plug the cable in to the “ cable input” side and the coax cable from the plug inside with the power off, to the hopper it doesn’t pick up the signal. Cable straight from the dish to hopper and I get signal. How do I fix this? I don’t want to run a coax cable through a window or a door when the sticker clearly says cable/satellite in. Thanks in advance.

Fuz
StFuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:39 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StFuz View Post
snip........so any spontaneous wake ups result in a head smack. Thinking of removing or purchasing a lower more comfortable mattress? What would you do?
My BIL removed the 'useless' head-smacking shelf in his 25RB...., sleeping comfort is more important.

Shelf removal/disassembly is a little challenging with all the staples and a few hidden screws, but it can be done.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:12 AM   #45

Well… when I got home my OCD kicked in. Took off the coax faceplate… there were three connections, disconnected the middle one, plugged the outside dish coax to “inside” port then the middle coax to Wally and boom.. it worked. So now I just need to cosmetically make it pretty then work on that shelf or get a better mattress. Shelf removal is free… hmmmmm
StFuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:11 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger_Al View Post
I have the first iteration of the 2021 25RB built in June 2020. I did not have any brackets on the vent outlets for covers already in place. Also the middle vent needed to fully be taken apart to get the included Camco brackets on correctly. Nothing was hard, but just time consuming in an awkward position and in the roof.
Thanks. Rig arrived without the brackets so I had the dealer install the vent covers. Not doing that any more. Had our shakedown week two weeks ago. Really like the trailer.
Cookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:22 PM   #47

That's a nice floorplan!
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:36 PM   #48

Solera Slide Awning Hardware

We literally just completed a cross country trip in our 2021 Jay Feather 25RB and loved every minute of it....except....the acorns falling at night, sounding like they were coming thru the roof. Many of them and the falling leaves got stuck on the slide when would we put it in, so we decided we need to get a slide awning. Much to our surprise, our TT already has the main channel for the awning pre-installed, and what might be the bracket place holders on the actual slide (Top right and left corners of the T molding). Does anyone know how to determine what size awning we would need for this TT? I would think just measuring the slide and adding a few inches would do it, but given Jayco already pre-installed the channel, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the awning, what size you got and if you self installed, was it easy?
KRSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSSRS View Post
We literally just completed a cross country trip in our 2021 Jay Feather 25RB and loved every minute of it....except....the acorns falling at night, sounding like they were coming thru the roof. Many of them and the falling leaves got stuck on the slide when would we put it in, so we decided we need to get a slide awning. Much to our surprise, our TT already has the main channel for the awning pre-installed, and what might be the bracket place holders on the actual slide (Top right and left corners of the T molding). Does anyone know how to determine what size awning we would need for this TT? I would think just measuring the slide and adding a few inches would do it, but given Jayco already pre-installed the channel, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the awning, what size you got and if you self installed, was it easy?
FWIW we had two slide toppers on our former TT. After two years the fabric stitching on the one large topper came apart and had to be replaced. When camped under trees I had to go on the roof and sweep debris (leaves/twigs) off the toppers before retracting the slide outs. Also, on some windy days our toppers flapped too much sometimes causing us to partially retract the slide outs.

We decided not to order a topper with our 2021 Jay Feather 25RB. We saw no advantage except giving shade on the top of the slide out. When under trees I still had to sweep debris off the top of the slide out, topper or not.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:51 PM   #50

Getting ready to go look at the 25 RB as we want a bit more room than our current 212QB provides. Trying to get an idea what they are going "out the door" for? A couple of things I'll do for sure is to replace the shower head, change out the two sink faucets, and install a soft start module on the AC.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:40 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe w View Post
Getting ready to go look at the 25 RB as we want a bit more room than our current 212QB provides. Trying to get an idea what they are going "out the door" for? A couple of things I'll do for sure is to replace the shower head, change out the two sink faucets, and install a soft start module on the AC.
We ordered our 25RB Dec 20 from our local dealer in Nevada. Delivered March. We paid $29,600 for trailer (before sales tax, fees, etc.) after negotiation. Today's prices seem to be higher for 2021/2022 models.

OTD will depend on your state's sales tax and dealer's fees, temporary license, etc. RVtrader.com will give you a good idea of dealer sales prices by location.

I found California to generally be much higher on their 25RB prices than other states.

Good luck.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:31 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
We ordered our 25RB Dec 20 from our local dealer in Nevada. Delivered March. We paid $29,600 for trailer (before sales tax, fees, etc.) after negotiation. Today's prices seem to be higher for 2021/2022 models.

OTD will depend on your state's sales tax and dealer's fees, temporary license, etc. RVtrader.com will give you a good idea of dealer sales prices by location.

I found California to generally be much higher on their 25RB prices than other states.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info. A dealer in Erie Pa has a 2021 still in stock and I've asked for some figures both trading and outright purchase. We can afford to keep the 212QB for now and put it up for sale later. Our priority is to get into the 25RB soon so we'll be ready for our three month+ excursion starting in late March.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:45 AM   #53

Camco - 45195-A RV Vent Insulator And Skylight Cover Without Reflective Surface, Fits Standard 14" RV Vents - 45195 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00DRZXR...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Better link to the vent cover - half the price
Old 01-08-2022, 10:15 AM   #54

2021 Jay Feather 25RB Warranty Issues

Here are some warranty items our Jayco dealer fixed at the end of our camping season. Some of these items required Jayco HQ approval. All were fixed at no cost.

1. The A/C return grate dropped at one end about 1/2 inch from the ceiling.
2. The underbelly cover sagged too much where the tanks are. At the rear axles the cover almost touched them.
3. The rear small window in the slide out would open but not latch properly.
4. The rear bathroom window would open but not latch properly.
5. Water pump check valve failed allowing water to bypass and fill the fresh water tank. A new pump was installed.
6. The awning had small rips along its width at the end near the the roller. A new awning was installed.
7. Black tank sensor light on control panel read full after using two gallons of water.
8. Bedroom sliding door jamb came loose.
9. Plastic door molding at bedroom door entry came apart.
10. Plastic wall molding at bathroom entry came apart on both sides.
11. Shower door was out of alignment when closing.
12. The rear slide out trim molding came apart at the bottom of slide (outside).
Old 01-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #55

Interested in what they did to fix the black tank sensor. Seems none of my tanks are accurate to any degree. Some I can get clean enough to read empty and some never appear empty. Was it a poor install location of the sensors on Jayco’s part? I’ve heard they don’t take the time to be accurate when drilling the 1/3, 2/3, full holes for the sensors.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:29 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger_Al View Post
Interested in what they did to fix the black tank sensor. Seems none of my tanks are accurate to any degree. Some I can get clean enough to read empty and some never appear empty. Was it a poor install location of the sensors on Jayco’s part? I’ve heard they don’t take the time to be accurate when drilling the 1/3, 2/3, full holes for the sensors.
The Work Order says the cause was the dirty tank sensors. The correction was "Lot port flushed black tank" (whatever that means).

Always use RV aproved chemicals in my black tank. I've learned from former trailers to never trust the black tank sensor lights. I monitor the tank level through the toilet. Never had an overflow doing this.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #57

Exactly, wait for the burp through the toilet or wife to exclaim its full!
Old 04-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #58

Winegard Air 360 Dome Antenna

Jayco replaced the shark fin rooftop antenna with a Winegard Air 360 dome antenna on the 2022 Jay Feather 25RB.

See counter 21:50:

I always had issues getting good TV reception with shark fin antenna on our 2021 25RB. I am thinking about replacing the shark fin with the Winegard Air 360.

Would appreciate any comments from 25RB owners that have the Winegard Air 360. Is your TV reception good?

Camp4two
Old 04-19-2022, 08:39 AM   #59

I would like to know that answer too. My concern is replacing the shark fin with the 360 in the same location. I think the shark fin suffers from being right behind the AC unit. I’d want the 360 either away from obstructions or higher mounted. I’m not sure how I wound do either.
Bigger_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:17 PM   #60

Following this thread as we just got our 24RL a few weeks ago...special order placed last July.
Not hijacking, but following as both rigs are similar aside from location of bathroom.
Lots of good info and mod ideas...
2022 Jayco Jay Feather 24RL
Grumpaw374 is offline   Reply With Quote