Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #21

Found original invoice and it was factory installed. Says one whisper quiet and 15k 2nd ducted in bedroom at 832.00
I bought at Camping World but will check at a Jayco dealer that’s
Local too. I will
Pay for it and try collect later, just don’t want to come off the road with it
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #22

That is a standard height , not the low profile. Jayco should take care of This as they already know the units exceeded the 13’6” max height. Good luck.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #23

I have a low profile a/c on my front but still it might have made any different, this is not the way to start off the new camp season, Ouch.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:16 AM   #24

I would also ask the campground if the tree could be trimmed, or if it could be marked with caution signs

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #25

What is the actual model number of the low profile A/C? I paid $1000 for the 2nd A/C on my 2018 (that is sitting at the Kaysville CW waiting for me to pick up later this month) but it never occurred to me to ask about the height. I just emailed them and provided a link to this thread and they forwarded my questions to the Eagle Rep at Jayco (Cory Marrow) so this will be interesting. My fingers are crossed they added the low profile as it seems they should (and are now) but I suspect they did not so I hope it is not a big hassle to switch it out, and how could they deny this if there it's over the "Legal Limit", and where does the Legal Limit come from? Is there a standard height for "most" bridges. This is not something I want to add to my list of things to worry about!!
vrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #26

Rather than spend all that extra money, maybe use a spotter?
Attached Thumbnails
Kaibab xx.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
That is a standard height , not the low profile. Jayco should take care of This as they already know the units exceeded the 13’6” max height. Good luck.

I called Jayco and all the guy did is look up what factory specs are and said he could not be any help. Payed to get a mobile repair man out to make sure I would not leak going home.

No one stocks a low profile so have requests in for pricing of a unit and looks like a pain to get fixed.

The repair man said the replacement of ceiling is a major job as it’s one piece all the way out to edge of slide.

You should see the trees along the road. Major scarring and some even broke off and DOT said they get reports of the road all the time. She said fill out a form and send to them.

Disappointed that Jayco won’t even
talk with me other than say it says factory specs are 161.75 inches high. I mentioned new ones leaving factory now have low profile but he said he could not tell me what they are leaving with. Said they don’t provide him with the info.

Expensive trip and lesson about Jayco air conditioners
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Rather than spend all that extra money, maybe use a spotter?
Running down the road with a tree limb that is maybe 6" too low, how would a spotter have helped in this case?

Dave

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBees View Post
I called Jayco and all the guy did is look up what factory specs are and said he could not be any help. Payed to get a mobile repair man out to make sure I would not leak going home.

No one stocks a low profile so have requests in for pricing of a unit and looks like a pain to get fixed.

The repair man said the replacement of ceiling is a major job as it’s one piece all the way out to edge of slide.

You should see the trees along the road. Major scarring and some even broke off and DOT said they get reports of the road all the time. She said fill out a form and send to them.

Disappointed that Jayco won’t even
talk with me other than say it says factory specs are 161.75 inches high. I mentioned new ones leaving factory now have low profile but he said he could not tell me what they are leaving with. Said they don’t provide him with the info.

Expensive trip and lesson about Jayco air conditioners
Insurance claim, why eat it? Get it repaired correctly and have the shop do a quote on a low profile unit as the insurance won't know which you had. Or pay the difference.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrader View Post
What is the actual model number of the low profile A/C? I paid $1000 for the 2nd A/C on my 2018 (that is sitting at the Kaysville CW waiting for me to pick up later this month) but it never occurred to me to ask about the height.
Mach-8. 4700 series is the Coleman version.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #31

Check out this place. https://countrycamping.com/

If you have to have a new roof might as well get the FlexArmor roof. https://rvroof.com/
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Mach-8. 4700 series is the Coleman version.
Interesting, I was led to believe they use the Dometic for the main. Just looked this up and the Dometic low profile is 11.25 inches vs. 13.87 so only a difference of 2.62 inches, and the weight goes up from 77 to 101lbs. The Coleman (listed at CW for $914) is only 8 inches tall (for a reduction of 5.87 inches) and weighs 90lbs.

FYI The Eagle expert at Jayco is on vacation and back next week so we shall see.
vrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrader View Post
Interesting, I was led to believe they use the Dometic for the main. Just looked this up and the Dometic low profile is 11.25 inches vs. 13.87 so only a difference of 2.62 inches, and the weight goes up from 77 to 101lbs. The Coleman (listed at CW for $914) is only 8 inches tall (for a reduction of 5.87 inches) and weighs 90lbs.

FYI The Eagle expert at Jayco is on vacation and back next week so we shall see.
Maybe they are, but it looked like the unit that the OP had is a Coleman that is why I gave you that info.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #34

Coleman was what the Jayco brands used. 2.62" is huge when it's comes to being legal height or not or clearing a bridge. The Coleman we're about half on the low profile vs standard. I have a low profile Coleman on my 2017 that I special special ordered to be added to the build sheet. My main unit is full size.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Coleman was what the Jayco brands used. 2.62" is huge when it's comes to being legal height or not or clearing a bridge.
Earl
That's what I thought since that was what we had on our 2015 too, but a change may have occured.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's what I thought since that was what we had on our 2015 too, but a change may have occured.
I believe they changed over to dometic for ac and fridges. Late 2018??

Earl
Old 04-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #37

2019 Eagles has Coleman AC. The Coleman low profile AC is 6” lower than the standard unit. My 321RSTS was at 13’ 9” with the standard unit and came down to 13’ 3” after the low profile was swapped out.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #38

Simply take a 4 foot level and put it on top of your AC. Make sure your FW is level. Measure down to the ground and get your height. If it is over 13’ 6”, Jayco built your unit which does not conform to the federal motor vehicle specification of 13’ 6”max. Then hook up to your tow vehicle and do the same measurement.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #39

We did this exact process using a leveler and I was on top the roof while hubby measured from ground using our swimming pool metal pole. Exact measurements were taken to ensure accuracy and we measured 13.8 hooked up to TV.

In fact we’ve already had a scary experience putting unit in storage because garage door was 14’ and unknown to us didn’t go up full 14’ and we scrapped top of AC unit. Scared the crap out me! Hubby thought I wasn’t paying attention and we scrapped something on side. We had to call storage manager and they showed us how to manually lift door another 2” which is all we needed to get into the storage unit. So I can’t imagine how scary the limb hit was! We were lucky! No damage.
After reading this thread Hubby plans to call Jayco. Thank you for posting!!

Question: does low profile AC units work just as good? Any difference in quality? Any negatives? My guess is they cost more or Jayco would already have them installed standard on units.
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #40

They work just the same.